new and keen

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownfish

Reaction score
hi all just got a pit bike boss boyfriend was sellin it its a TTY 150 2008 can any one tell me any thing about it i ve had it for few weeks haven't been for a ride yet just clean it up and done some small things to it i was just wornderin if any one can tell me some genral suff on it

put a new kick starter on it tighted the chain took the cab off cleaned tight the spring on it starts blows a bit of smoke

cheers brownfish any info would be grate.............

dose any one know any wear to ride on the central coast too

Hey - Welcome Brownfish!

Blows a bit of smoke - is it continuous grey smoke, or only when revving? This could be due to

a) rings shot :(
b) valve adjustment or seals worn
c) carby adjustment wrong - too rich.

What colour is the smoke?
Does it go away when it's warm?

Welcome mate - you'll find people here friendly and the advice good. I bought an old clanger and have been doing it up (see my post in this forum Chinese Minis) and have encountered a few probs - all overcome with good advice and even some spare parts that people donated for a small sum ;)

In the "Ask the Tech Masters" there's some awesome Stickys - read through them and begin to understand valve adjustment, carby adjustment and all sorts of stuff like that - it will help you on your journey.

PS - how much did you pay by the way for a 2008 model?

Cheers
alwayscurious

i think i did aright not as cheap as yours thats a score i payed $850 and got boots helmet gloves 2 jearsys ridding pants goggles helmet too and armmor most of the gear i got has only bean used one or twice its fox and o neil stuff boss boy friend has had it for a year and a half and only road it twice has sat in the shed rest of the time he put a new back tread on it and still look new he gave me a reseat too from the place wear he got the work done so i think i did alright ill put some pic s up soon got new sticker kit on way good old ebay ..........

PS sorry about the spellin english was not my best subject at schoo

thanks heap brrownfish yeewwwwwwwwl

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back