New bike..Atomik Reign, What to check before riding

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch east

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, new atomik reign 150 big foot wil be turning up on my doorstep about tues or wed, before riding, wats some things i should do to bike before riding in order to prolong its life, change oil? How long run in for? I know to go over bolt with loctite, wat oil should i put in and how much etc... Thanks
mitch

yeah change oil before riding! to a 10w40 non synthetic if u can find! if ur not to fussed on what weight go a 15w50 castrol or sumthing!
Id also be checking over all bolts, also grease up anything that needs greasing throttle cable, swing arm, clutch ect.

Lets us know how the bike is! im looking into getting one!
p.s how much did u pay for it?

the 150's shouldnt need oil changes as regularly as they have a oil filter, but its always good to do one after the first ride! also, its also good practice to replace the oil filter after 2-3 oil changes

but before you even attempt riding it, get yourself a nice comfy seat, a bottle of medium strength loctite, and a tool box at hand, and loctite every bolt on the sucker (minus all the bolts using nyloc nuts)

stay under roughly 50km/h aswell, just to run it in... but u probly allready no that so i look like an idiot haha

pit bikes dont have speedo's how is anyone supposed to track what speed they are doing, and what does staying under 50kph have to do with running in your bike?

it means dont flog it with in the first few goes, I dont hav a speedo on my bike either, thats y i sed ROUGHLY. Its just a small thing that can make a difference later on, he doesnt have to listen to me

awwww i see wat u mean....
yeah, that actually makes more sence, like cruise

im new to the mini scene what do you mean run it in and change the oil filter?
lol i really need help

tkilik11, basically first couple of rides take it easy! run your bike through the gears and try use the compression of the engine to slow down through gears, not so much the brakes!

these engines only take roughly 900ml so you can get 4 and abit oil changes out of 4litres of your desired engine oil, be sure to change the oil after its first tank! and every 2-3 tanks after that.

the oil filter is on the right hand side of the engine, you will notice the cover being held up using two bolts (i think they are 8mm), there is a filter behind this and it should be changed, this really depends on how often the oil is changed etc etc but as i said earlier it is good practice to pull it out, look to see if it is clean and if needed replace it.

these are basic guide lines and it goes for just about any motor vehical (take it easy, change the oil/ oil filter regularly when new)

cheers

Last edited:
the oil filter is on the right hand side of the engine, you will notice the cover being held up using two bolts (i think they are 8mm), there is a filter behind this and it should be changed, this really depends on how often the oil is changed etc etc but as i said earlier it is good practice to pull it out, look to see if it is clean and if needed replace it.

large-lifan150-2.jpg

this is for reference, the oil filter is behind the cover you can see in this image

by the way crazzy what bike do you ride? and what is the best quality chinese bike? im looking to get a pitpro 140 xr is that a good bike?

i have not got a bike

but i intend on getting a MSO SR very soon

not knowing too much about the 140xr i cannot really say too much, but many forum members here have them and like the quality!

there price has dropped recently as they have now got a 150xr, same deal just 10cc more, not worth the extra couple hundred they are going for.

i assume you have a pimpit gunslinger? if so, stick to that

Last edited:
Yeah pretty much what the guys above said, if you want to flog it you'll have to wait a few tanks, but you can still go fast, just don't over-rev it.

lol i cant stand all the people that think u need to run em in lol it dont make a difference if u ride it 50kmh or 90kmh out of the box all u need to do is change the shipping oil and put a heavyer oil in and then change again after first ride we tell our custmers just feed it they dont need to be run in .

Latest posts

Back