New bike, Budget of $2500

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridin01

Reaction score
Well i currently own a pitpro 125cc outlaw and love the thing but, i think it is time to step it up a bit. i am after a midsize mini 140cc, i have been looking at the pitpro 140xr, mso 140s and pitsterpro etc, at the moment i have a budget of about $2500, now i want a good bike as i will be racing it and well im not a sedate rider i will pretty much try anything. any info on bikes you recommend will be greatly appreciated. cheers bryce

With a budget of 2500 man you can get a nice bike but have a look at DHZ they have a bike called the monster pro 140cc and they are pretty strong and come with most of the goodies you will want straight out of the box.

But with that kinda budget you can always add what you want afterwards and sell some of the stuff you didn't keep.

I agreed that monster bike is nice, but few things you might want to reach for a bike around your budget. 1, Over All Quality which I would say go for some big brands such as Pitsterpro, Motovert, or I heard someone sale the brand called Azreal that is a very reputable race team brand from Spain. 2, Race Durability: that means how long your bike can stand out in the ring without some junk bikes come out from no where and smoke yours just cuz the motor is bigger. Therefore again only big brands would offer something unique such as Pitsterpro GPX USA 150cc 11.8HP, Motovert Daydona SOHC 11.5, Azreal 150cc 13HP or you can always get the SGR big bored kit 146cc around 12 HP. 3, Appearance: within that kinda budget of yours, you should deserve some WOW while you flash out your bike in the ring, which some standardize the blings are necessary but make sure they are CNCed. Also some little thing you might also want to take a close consideration. Some parts on those big brands they are again unique not to mention they are perfectly fit into the colour combination, which will eventually deliver a splendid appearance of the bike. Last but not least: You will always buy the bike from a reputable store, cuz you always will be looked after if anything happened to your bike. For sure buy bike from store they might bit more but how about some little corner stores and those ebayers? I don’t think they can turn up at your door step say "no worries mate" I got ya coverd.

Good luck for find yourself an amazing rider mate, pub some nice pics when you got one.

Last edited:
Yea i am looking forward to see what you end up getting but do some research and some searches on this site and find out what people think are good and shit and then make a decision.

thanks

thanks for all you help very much appreciated, well i think i will most likely go for a big name brand with good rep, i think the bikes i have in mind are the motovert expert and the pitster pro v3. also the other option is to buy a frame and build one up does anyone see this as a good option. also if anyone has anymore ideas on what bike please let me know. cheers bryce

Ricky and I started with a frame and built one up. Its almost complete once we get our hands on the 140cc engine.

Worked out to be the same cost as buying off ebay, only we got all the trick bits we wanted, like Fastace 66RC rear shock, Fastace AS02 forks etc. We got exactly what we wanted in a bike by building it. If you've got the time, its the better way to go!

:D

get a crf 50 and put a 140cc in it and get bigger shocks =] like fast ace or somthing.

m0p

also a consideration to make will be what class you wish to race in
i.e if you buy a bike with a 140cc in it you have the race the outlaw division and there pretty fullon
but you can make a 125 go just as hard and still race stock 125 and be competitive in unlimited

you might wanna check me on this i think they've changed the rules just recently i think it might be on wheel size now
which all the stock boys arn't real happy about

but have a think about it

p.s i ran my 125 type r up against and expert and a stock pit pro 125 and a couple of other 3v 110cc and i was pretty competitive

do your research!!!!!!!!!!!

Get somthing name brand with that sorta cash, you could a pitster pro X3 for $2800. But get a crf50 if you dont want a nightmare, if your in SA theres one thats got some mods at SA dirt bikes for $2500.

Dont see why you want a 140, the 125 power band is better and the 140's are more prone to breaking. Im getting a 125 to replace my 140.

motovert pro

well i think i have come to the conclusion on getting a motovert pro with the new 140cc outlaw race engine, its more than what i wanted to pay but hopefully it should stand up to the abuse i put through it. everyone give me your views on this and do you think i am doing the right thing. cheers bryce

sounds sik az great move my mojo has only realy had minor problems so you sould be fine i thrash my bike

id speek to andy at big 50s (03) 97073170
from what he's told me the 140 outlaw's are a bit of a lemon
so i suggest you give him a call
since he had some design input

i should add that he can fix the 140 and make it go hard as but that will cost some serious coin

a 30c call could be worth it's while

All the mechanics in shops Ive talked to say all the 140's are lemons and the 125's are more reliable and have a better power band. Broke my 140 and Im getting a 125.

ahhh dont tell me that lol, yeh i think i will give him a call. thanks for all your help much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back