new bike missing and farting around. FIXED!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morocco

Reaction score
hiya people, Ive got a new pitbike (chineese model lol) under power its misses and farts around all the time in every gear and has just got no go at all....can anybody shed any light on this please?

coolmo:-you can edit your threads dude

Last edited by a moderator:
Replace carbie, install fuel filter, drain + flush tank works every time.

another option with less money and provided the carbie isn't faulty this'll do the same thing.

Remove carbie - COMPLETLY STRIP now i don't just mean take fuel bowl off and blow out .

All jets, brass bits on the under side that can be removed do so. CLEAN and DRY everything with aircompressor. Put back together.

Install fuel filter - drain and flush tank

Refuel and test - - good luck

it's either the carbies or shit in the tank when the build them i'd say, Graham had the same issue and i've had it a few times as well. Do let us know how you go. will help people later down the track.

perhaps - but unlikley when valves are loose they usually don't start. But it's another option. will be easier than doing the carbie so might be worth a look first.

It could also be the connections to the coil !! If it has the two spade type connectors on the coil they may not be a tight enough fit !!

A mates bike was like this from new and it ran like crap...

I started the bike at night when we got back from it's second ride to put it away and I noticed little sparks coming from the connections on the coil !!!

I re-crimped the two connectors and the bike ran perfect and hasn't skipped a beat since !!!

Just another option to look at !!

very good advise guys you covered just about all the problems it could be

hey there Morocco can you let the guys no how u went and what was the problem as that sort of info greatly healps future members who have a simmilar problem

cheers

My money is on a poorly fitted inlet manifold or miss aligned inlet manifold gasket. Try tightening uo the manifold at the head first. Then if that makes no diffrence check the O ring on the isulator block between the carby and manifold. Always go back to basics before you try to re-invent the wheel. A simple test to see if there is and air leak is to spray CRC or WD40 around the manifold and carby whilst the engine is running. If there is a noticable engine speed difference BINGO there is the problem.

My money is on a poorly fitted inlet manifold or miss aligned inlet manifold gasket. Try tightening uo the manifold at the head first. Then if that makes no diffrence check the O ring on the isulator block between the carby and manifold. Always go back to basics before you try to re-invent the wheel. A simple test to see if there is and air leak is to spray CRC or WD40 around the manifold and carby whilst the engine is running. If there is a noticable engine speed difference BINGO there is the problem.

tru i agree about the gasket everytime i pull a manifold off a china engine the manifold gasket is about 4 mm too small

right people problem solved!!!! I tried all of the things you great people suggested.......and in the end it was the dam air filter!!!! the rubber bit which goes onto the carbie and the hose clamped on on a split in it hence letting in extra air farking thing!!!! so yeah goes dam quick now....thanks for everyones suggestions

Latest posts

Back