New bike starting problem.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jippa3000

Reaction score
Hi all, just picked up my brand new Pitpro 138 today, put it all together and the little bastard won't start.
Any tips would be great.

Cheers boys n girls.

Have you tried starting it?

Franky.

Fuel???? check over everything, More details please!

Does it have spark? un-screw the spark plug, plug it into the lead, hold plug against the cylinder head and kick, be careful you may get zapped.

Does it have fuel? pull the fuel line off the carby and turn on the fuel tap, fuel should run out.

Make sure the killswitch isnt on. Use the choke.

yea dude just do a check over the hole bike make sure fuel,spark plug etc make sure everything is where it should be lol never know

1. Fill the tank & make sure fuel tap is turned on (if it has one)

2. Make sure the kill switch is in the run position.

3. Lean the bike over all the way left to right (to make sure the carb bowl fills properly)

4. Choke on

5. Kick it......

6. If it does'nt fire, pull the plug and check for spark.

Good luck!!!!

all good, I figured it out ,just needed to clear the crap out of the carby by kicking the bike over a few times and then unscrewing the little screw at the bottom of the carby and letting the fuel drain out of it. Also there was a slight block in the fuel line, hope this might help anyone else with the same problems.

Cheers for all the feedback guys

no there was rubbish blocking it so it needed some fuel to wash it out.

new bike first rule: clean the tank
new bike second rule: get a fuel filter

Take the plug out.Sit it on the head then crank-check for blue gods.While you got it out pour a teaspoon of fuel down the guts.Have the fuel on the bike on.It`ll take a few kicks but she`ll fire.Then just work out how to make her a running concern.I think she may be too lean,try the choke.If that is cool,change the needle setting down 2 slots

Latest posts

Back