New Boots

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingers

Reaction score
Hey guys just bought a new pair of boots cause i thought i better buy a pair seems how im gonna be gettin a yzf, and thought i'd go for a quick ride on the mini. How the hell do you ride in boots, lol? Its the biggest pain in the arse to change gears and to brake with boots on! Is it just cause they're new? Cause i can hardly move my foot up and down to change gears or brake in these boots, This is the first time i've ever tried to ride in boots, i always used to ride in shoes.

So is there a way to get the boots to loosen up or somethng so i can change gears properly in them?

They're Oneal clutxh boots too

cheers

to tell u the truth its really hard to get used to it in full size mx boots, there are half size boots, (alpine star) bring out a sick pair, they are just like shoes but boots, hell comfy and much more movement and freedom in them.... you will find it hard to ride in boots if your used to hittin the ramps in shoes...

what boots have you got??? if they are leather you could do what i did, fill them with hot water lets it cool a bit till you can get your foot in without burning it and walk around with them on all day till they dry out a bit. (a hot day helps with this). now my boots are easy to ride in, also time riding with them will get you more used to them

Its just plain hard to ride a mini in boots haha... shoes are your best bet, Ive never worn any of the mini designed boots, like the axo slammers and that but yeah I tried wearing tech 8s on a mini and its shocking haha.

yep pretty much. Over time they will loosen up, but on a big bike the gear shifter is placed further away and boots are easy to get underneath it.

Is it really that bad? What if you got a longer gear lever?
I was thinking about getting some boots so I can start hitting the MX tracks but considering how expensive they are If they just make it really hard to ride I'll stick with the trail riding

havent tried using them on a bigger bike but yeah they seem a pain in the arse to use on a pitty. makes it very hard to change gears when ya cant move ur foot up and down, hopefully they'll losen up a bit over time and be better on a yzf

deffinately will feel better on the yzf. if you want to hit the MX track get a pair of the 50 designed boots like thor 50/50 or axo slammers, alpinestar also make some not sure what there called tech2 or something. I personally have never worn them but every one seems to like them.

sweet as thanks man
thor 50/50 or axo slammers both look good and affordable, I'm gonna try to try some on during the week and hopefully be able to do some MX on the weekend :D

yea they are good, but i love my globes for riding in, so much more comfort, but each to their own i spose!

Latest posts

Back