New DHZ tubeless motard rims any good?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone tried these?
are they as soft as the old one?
cheers

DHZ Motard Pro Billet Tubeless Wheel - DHZ Mini Moto

A few of us here have them, well i do..Barnesd does to. I think he is happy with them so far. Mine are the older style though..a few more spokes and more round in shape

As for softness or weak rims? im not sure how you measure the strength of a rim...especially a motard rim. there is next to no jumping, most riders run sliders which takes most the hit and if you crash hard enough to damage a rim its not really gonna matter what rims you are running, its gonna damage it.

ah ok
this was more of following on from the older thread of the first batch of rims they brought in which were the polished 5 spokes with holes thru each spoke
feedback in the last thread was that they buckle easy
im considering buying them for road use which will obviously see bumps such as potholes etc
cheers

i have seen somewhere on here about i think it was the older style dhz rims buckling under pressure

i have seen somewhere on here about i think it was the older style dhz rims buckling under pressure

I think you might be thinking of the spoked wheels... Barnesd had a set that ate themselves fairly quickly.

On a side note, you can get the 6 spoke variant with rubber here :)

Yeah the first polished billet rims were soft.
Any of the black ones produced after are strong and are worthwhile to buy.
I haven't personally ridden on the new narrower rims available, but I will be able to tell you soon as I'm planning on getting a set.
If your just starting out motarding you should not have any trouble with your linked rims. I needed new valves as the ones supplied didn't fit for tubeless mounting but most places will throw them in for free anyway.

beauty!
i suppose either those ebay ones or the black dhz ones are the go then
=)

beauty!
i suppose either those ebay ones or the black dhz ones are the go then
=)

Either way you go you will need tyres, only plus i can see from running the older style ones on eBay is you might be able to make a few bucks selling the CST's they come with.

Unless you plann on racing and winning a national titles..... keep the cst's, they are the next best performing tyres from the Sava's and pmt's.

im considering buying them for road use which will obviously see bumps such as potholes etc.

Unless you plann on racing and winning a national titles..... keep the cst's, they are the next best performing tyres from the Sava's and pmt's.

He was more chasing a set for road use Barnesd. and tbo exquisit, I dont think it would be too hard to unload a cheap set of CST's here..

yea im not too worried bout that part
only problem i can see with the ebay ones is that the spokes seem to be scalloped out
thats probably the only thing swaying me towards the dhz ones...plus im in sydney also no no postage costs

only problem i can see with the ebay ones is that the spokes seem to be scalloped out
thats probably the only thing swaying me towards the dhz ones...plus im in sydney also no no postage costs

Tell Ken from DHZ that you are a member on Miniriders and that you can get the motard rims with cst tyres for $300 on ebay. Then he should throw in a set of tyres to match the ebay seller's price....Thats what I did.

Look more closely at the DHZ rims... Their spokes are too, just 90deg offset from the older style :)

Latest posts

Back