new engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mealygrub84

Reaction score
so was looking at getting a new engine for my xtm110 was looking at the gpx125 supposedly its one of the quickest 125 engines on the market but there is a zong 140 for the same price which would be the better option

for price gpx all the way
if you wish to add on later on and get wild power go for a zongshen 155/160
if you want wild power now daytona 190
would not waist my time buying a 140 yx,lifan etc ever again there a dead end motor in terms of power in balance with reliability.

well if i had the 1400 dollars i would get the daytona but yeah 500 dollars max

yea, i understand dude, the gpx is probably the best value for money. stickj an oko and be done with it :)

if you want more power later there is a 4valve head coming out for them soon according to firepower minis

For the gpx's? that would be pretty sick! and also, have they only just started putting 4v heads on the yx160's? cos i saw one on ebay, i'll try and find it again.

thats the stock head, and a price of a stock yx 4valve heads are all over yx's and have been for a while.. looking at some disassembled pics of the head there not high quality and is not a uncommon thing for them to snap rocker arms, cause problems so i hear (or have perceived)
i would go a takey head every day of the week but the cheaper 4valve heads cost too much and need work out of the box to make the same power as a v2head of cheaper cost makes..

i see. so all the money spent on a cheap 4 v head, would be better put towards the v2.

well for 573.65 (aud from 00racing +arounf 100 shipping) for a 4valve with a 63mm bore you could get wayy more power and torque from a tb head with a 67mm bore and that should be enough power for almost anyone

i was running the gpx in my bike currently swapping it into my sons bike it is an absolute ripper mate couldnt recommend it more there quite simply is not a better bang for your buck engine out there.

Latest posts

Back