New engines

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh-batto

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to this page :) i am looking to buy a new motor for my XTM 125cc was looking at the lifan and the geniune thumpstar engines.. which one do you guys recommend?? TIA. :0

Last edited:
Best bang for your buck engine imo is the gpx hi comp 125, 460 I think from dhz. The quickest 125 on the market when it comes to china engines, and will blow any lifan 125 out of the water. If you have 600 to drop on a engine get a zongshen z160ho, great engine with lots of upgrades available like tb or taki race heads, tb 184 bbk, akunar race heads and bbks etc. If you have 1300 spare, the daytona 190 fdx kills all :)

cheers guys was looking for around 300 - 400 for the motor and carby

Mate I completely agree with the above comments.

A lifan or zongshen 110 are always a good choice and last forever if maintained correctly, lifan 125 are great also but a zongshen 125 I have found to be a bit more tougher and reliable than the lifan. Some may disagree but the engine I have seen with the most dramas would be hands down the lifan 140(don't waste your money). Yx 140 is a great towey lil donk but extreme thrashing has caused oil slinger damage which at times leads to other internal damage.

But for 300 to 400 bucks you are basically looking at a 110cc or 125cc. But most def the gpx 125 is a ball tearer small bore motor.

Latest posts

Back