new frame, fork probs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan12590

Reaction score
hi guys well i just recieved the frame i purchased of dhz a week ago and its sick only prob is i went to put bike back together and the stem that goes throught the frame stem hole is to short and i will not be able to get my top nut that goes ontop of my triple clamp on this is a real bummer i was hoping on getting it all done buy sunday but i guess thats not going to be happening anymore oh well i was wondering if any of you have any ideas on what i can to other that machining a whole new head stem or buying new forks i was thinking on drilling and tapping a 10mm hole into the top of the triple clamp stem and making something up that can be clamped into it like on conventional forks where a bolt hold the fork to the triple clamp anyne know what i mean would this be alright im wanting to be doing jumps and not work about it breaking :mad:

hay mate.

well i dont know about the conversion but taking into consideration that you got the new frame from DHZ, their must be a tripple tree shaft suited to this frame so i would firstly ask dhz what thickness were talking about etc etc... do your head stem bearings fit properly? if they do i would just consider getting a tripple tree shaft longer than the one you currently have as this would be gaurenteed of being stronger (as their would be no joint section between or weak point).

im sure a conversion would work for the time being but doing jumps on it would definatly be questionable as i dont think it would be strong enough to last, unfortunatly i think riding on sunday is out of the question unless you build your bike back up into the old frame (provided its not busted of course)

Cheers, Tony.

try using the standard fork parts including the cut down plastic top bearing cover and the stock spinner

no the bearings i have wernt tapered and the frame didn't come with the bearing cups so i purchased a set of tapered bearings off oz50 im waiting for them to arrive also i just offered my mate 350 and my forks for a set of fastace ones i think he will take it as he doesnt ride very oftern

if not i will ring dhz and ask them about any spare triple clamps

Latest posts

Back