New - Good mini dirt bikes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AusJames

Reaction score
Hi all,

Very new here. I'm looking at dirt pocket bikes and what is out there. There is a HUGE range and picking the right one seems to be pot luck.

Is there anyone out there (who isn't a reseller trying to make a buck) who actually knows a few things about them and can recommend one that isn't going to fall to pieces in the first 5 mins?

To me, buying a cheap Chinese dirt bike and trying to keep it running is a total contradiction and I was completely put off. Until I got chatting to a guy at my local dirt bike club and he said you can get some which aren't too bad.

So, which ones are they?

Which ones are the best quality?

cheers,

James
Melbourne

and you can get parts for em :) many ppl say its hard to find parts for em but there all based on each other and leading bikes

So nobodys got a decent mini dirt bike that goes good and hasnt fallen apart or had quick engion failure?
As far as I know you need to keep an eye on the oil levels and run them in properly, which means no over reving for the first 1-4 tanks depending on engion. Im guessing 2 tanks minimum would be a smart idea. This will ensure lonlivity.
Anybody got a good china bike or are they all crap ?

I always reckon the best place to start is...what's you're budget?
Don't think that spending bigger $$$ on a pitty is a case of..."might as well get a Jap bike"...cause pittty's are a thing in their own right. Like most things, you get what you pay for. There are some high quality Chinese pittys out there and plenty of aftermarket stuff to drool over. If you buy in the lower end, expect a little more than the average maintenance but this should balance out with lots of cheap fun.

Hi all, I've had my MSO for nearly three months now and it hasn't missed a beat. You do need to perform regular maintenance on them but you should be doing that on any bike you own anyway.

From what I've been told by a few guys, the MSO bikes, Motovert and Provert are really the best ones to go for. No-one has mentioned any other brand or bike that is even worth mentioned.

It seems Motovert is the one for me :)

Hey man those 138cc mso pit bike with oil cooler look fairly sweet. you can also get a cheep bike if you have under 800 buks. if you have around 2k to spend you can find 2nd hand thumpstars for around that much. but people recon that the bse quallity is good and they are making these good parts for bikes for less. i say get a bse and see how it goes. i think it will be ok seing so there is alot of people on this site that has them. And there is aftermarket help and also some parts, wich there will probably be more coming in stock soon. so goodluck with your choice.

if you have some time and a paypall or ebay account you can bid for a bse monsoon ect. you can get them for like $850 and around 150 dollars postage to states. hope that helped.

Latest posts

Back