New member, new bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubjectNull

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I've been lurking these forums for a while and thought it was about time I signed up.

I've been riding trails for a couple of years (got a Yamaha DT200) and my girlfriend said she might be keen to give it a go. I've got no idea how long her interest will last or even whether she'll enjoy it so I decided I'd just get her a cheapo china pitbike and see how she goes.

SO after days of careful research and reviewing I just decided screw it and got her a an A&S POS :laughing-smiley-002
125CC TDR ALLOY PIT TRAIL MOTOR DIRT BIKE THUMPSTAR OX6 | eBay
At least the pink plastics should keep her interested for a bit :laughing-smiley-002

I'm going to follow these tutorials:
www.miniriders.com/bike-setup/24239-achtung-noobs-your-new-pitbike-you-set-up-tips.html
http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/26318-how-run-new-engine-run-hard.html
http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/24965-how-set-valve-clearances-horizontal-engines.html

I'm wondering if there's any other info I should know maybe about this type of bike in particular? I've read that it's based on an AGB27 or something and will be hard to get parts for.

Cheers,
SN

Dont jump with that frame, as for parts, there is still plenty of ebay sellers selling the older style parts, rotors, rims, 8mm banjo fitted master cylinders, but its perfect for a beginner who is just gonna hit trails, just go over it after each ride and check for loose bits and pieces.

Dont jump with that frame, as for parts, there is still plenty of ebay sellers selling the older style parts, rotors, rims, 8mm banjo fitted master cylinders, but its perfect for a beginner who is just gonna hit trails, just go over it after each ride and check for loose bits and pieces.

Well that's good to hear. At least I know it won't be a complete throw away the first time she drops it

welcome to miniriders SN, you'll be fine on that bike, just don't jump it otherwise this will happen
http://www.miniriders.com/tech-talk/...e-damaged.html

Hope she loves the sport as much as we do.

Wow thanks for the heads up on that one! Still, you must've been having fun when you did that hahah. How feasible/economical would it be to just swap everything onto a new frame once that happened?

hmm thats a bot of a hard question for me to answer, as you might know that most chinese bike are copies of something and most parts are interchangeable. The most common styles are klx110, crf50 and 70 and ttr110. However Im unsure about what style it is, if the engine and swinga were interchangeable you'd still need to change the seat, fuel tank and plastics. I think the easiest thing is to not break it to start with. It will take small jumps, just check for any cracks of fractures afterwards.

Honestly man if your girlfriend is riding it hard enough to snap the frame then it's probably a good time for her to upgrade to something like a DHZ 140 dpro, 140 outlaw, 160 dpro or 160outlaw. They're the next step really and are a very cost effective solution :)

Honestly man if your girlfriend is riding it hard enough to snap the frame then it's probably a good time for her to upgrade to something like a DHZ 140 dpro, 140 outlaw, 160 dpro or 160outlaw. They're the next step really and are a very cost effective solution :)

That was kind of my thinking behind it when I decided to get it. If she's ridden it enough to stuff it and wants to keep riding then it's time for something decent!

Thanks a lot guys, you've been really helpful and I appreciate it.

I think we have a potential dirt doll on our hands

Latest posts

Back