New Member Says Gday To All.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nostalgia

Reaction score
Gday all, i have been checking this site out over the last few days and i gotta say, it is great.

I currently have a 110cc Quad for my 3 boys but im looking at getting a 125cc 2 wheeler real soon.

Alot of my questions have already been answered by you guys whilst i was browsing here before joining.

Keep up the good work guys.

This site is great.

Cheers, Adam.

Welcome to miniriders and all the best with the quad and the boys although one bike and 3 boys is hardly fair hahaha. Good luck and reasearch the bikes on here before buying one.

Cheers

Welcome to miniriders and all the best with the quad and the boys although one bike and 3 boys is hardly fair hahaha. Good luck and reasearch the bikes on here before buying one.

Cheers
Thank you for your welcome I_THUMP.

Yeah, the age gap between my boys makes things a bit difficult. I'm looking at a 125cc for my 13yr old then my 11 and 4yr old can have the quad to themselves until they grow into a bigger bike.

My research is continuing and most of the doubts i had have been confirmed through my searches on this site.

I will take the time required to ensure i'm spending my ca$h wisely.

This is a big learning curve for us all as i have never ridden a 2 wheeler before, so i'm gonna teach myself then teach my boys.

Cheers, Adam.

Last edited:
g'day welcome to miniriders, yeah 3 boys and 1 bike isn't the best idear, what type of 125cc are you getting??e.g MSO, pitpro, atomik(don't recimend) ect.

best of luck to you.

When you teach yourself, the boys probably wont be able to get on the thing cause dad will be hogging it all the time! Haha

Last edited:
My brother in law rides a sdb 125 and to be perfectly honest, there not built very strong. If you are gonna be learning youll have a few stacks and probably be spending more time fixing broken bits than riding it. I also read that bigfoots are hard to get new tyres for and the cheap tyres on the sdb will get flats as soon as yo look at them the wrong way. They have really thin walls and are rediculous for punctures. Mind you most bikes under $1000 will have shit tyres but these ones will just be a lot harder to buy quality ones for. I honestly think that your 13yr old will break it pretty quick

My brother in law rides a sdb 125 and to be perfectly honest, there not built very strong. If you are gonna be learning youll have a few stacks and probably be spending more time fixing broken bits than riding it. I also read that bigfoots are hard to get new tyres for and the cheap tyres on the sdb will get flats as soon as yo look at them the wrong way. They have really thin walls and are rediculous for punctures. Mind you most bikes under $1000 will have shit tyres but these ones will just be a lot harder to buy quality ones for. I honestly think that your 13yr old will break it pretty quick
Thank you for the input.

Do you have any recommendations for a novice ?

Stacks are guaranteed !!!

My quad has at least 2 flat tyres every time i bring it out and it is up on stands in my garage.

All i need is a bike to learn on for a while before spending big coinage.

I appreciate all your advice on my up-coming purchase as you guys know what you're talking about.

Cheers, Adam.

Let us know what sort of a budget your looking at. Also do you really want a big foot? Do you have your mind set on a minimum motor size? eg 140, 125,

Let us know what sort of a budget your looking at. Also do you really want a big foot? Do you have your mind set on a minimum motor size? eg 140, 125,
Budget of no more than $1000.

I really do want a Bigfoot as they run 16/14" rims. Is this not a good thing ?
I'm trying to get the biggest bike i can for my money.

Motor size, i'm more than happy to settle for a 125cc.

Adam.

Last edited:
All I am thinkin is that 16/14 is not very common and You will probably have difficulties chasing up some half decent quality tyres mate. I could be wrong, I know that a few people on here have bigfoots so they will probably fill you in on the details. I know that pitpro makes a bigfoot and a few people have them. You can check them out on ebay usually and also pitpro.com and Motorbike city sells pitpro's aswell. One thing to consider is that KLX110 style bikes are bigger than crf50 style. They have a higher seat height if thats what your chasing but usually they also have the bigger motors and are a bit more expensive. If I had to pick between a pitpro and SDB bigfoot I'd definately go the Pitpro. It costs less in the long run when stuff breaks. Their not top of the line but way better than sdb, Atomic, Orion, TDR

Good luck with the research

Before you get a bigfoot just ring your local bike shop and ask prices and availability on decent quality tyres for it. That'll give you an idea if their easy enough to get.

good luck with the research

EDIT. What the hell happened there? One minute it wouldnt put up my first post so I posted again then it decided to post both of them. Sorry

Last edited:
Hey m8. i have an elstar 125cc bigfoot, not sure on wheel size ill measure if u want. I got it for 950 assembled and dilivered. Elstars are nearly the same as orions, though they run lifan engines not ducars which is what some of the orions have. I have to say for your use it would be good, considering you arent jumping big ar anything. Im turning 16 soon and its way too small for me, so it will be fine for 10 year olds up to 15 or so.

if u need any info on it just let us know.

Cheers

All I am thinkin is that 16/14 is not very common and You will probably have difficulties chasing up some half decent quality tyres mate. I could be wrong, I know that a few people on here have bigfoots so they will probably fill you in on the details. I know that pitpro makes a bigfoot and a few people have them. You can check them out on ebay usually and also pitpro.com and Motorbike city sells pitpro's aswell. One thing to consider is that KLX110 style bikes are bigger than crf50 style. They have a higher seat height if thats what your chasing but usually they also have the bigger motors and are a bit more expensive. If I had to pick between a pitpro and SDB bigfoot I'd definately go the Pitpro. It costs less in the long run when stuff breaks. Their not top of the line but way better than sdb, Atomic, Orion, TDR

Good luck with the research
Thank you all so much for your advice.

I will definetely check out the pitpro's before i buy.

A seat height of 850mm would suit us perfectly.

So is the best rim combo 14/14 or is 14/12 ok also ?

Cheers.

I think you will find most big wheel bikes to be 17/14 wheels and they are a common size tyre available at any bike shop. Most 80cc and 85cc jap bikes run the 17/14 combo so finding tyres wont be an issue. Whoever said 14/14 that is not a common size to run and is not really reccomended for trail riding.

You could go for something like this: 125 Bigfoot from East50s or Motorbike city Motorbike City - Australia Largest Pitpro and Motovert Dealer! or better yet there was someone on here selling a 2 ride old Pitpro 140XR for like $900 in melbourne which sounds ok, check out our classifieds section.

I think you will find most big wheel bikes to be 17/14 wheels and they are a common size tyre available at any bike shop. Most 80cc and 85cc jap bikes run the 17/14 combo so finding tyres wont be an issue. Whoever said 14/14 that is not a common size to run and is not really reccomended for trail riding.

You could go for something like this: 125 Bigfoot from East50s or Motorbike city Motorbike City - Australia Largest Pitpro and Motovert Dealer! or better yet there was someone on here selling a 2 ride old Pitpro 140XR for like $900 in melbourne which sounds ok, check out our classifieds section.
Thanks mate, i will check out those links and the classified section.

Cheers, Adam.

Thats the bike that I have. Its pretty good for the price compared to others in that range. Im 85kg's and have given it a good flogging. The only real bad points about it are cheap tyres and the rear shock is really crap, its like a pogo stick. I fitted a fastace bs66ar shock to it and it made it a whole different bike to ride. Mind you if you are only learning you wont really worry for a while. I jump mine heaps over about 5-6mtrs and the bike has held up fine exept for the shock, it didnt last long. The tyres are not good but all cheap chinas are the same, they are prone to pinching the tube unless you run about 30psi in them as they are really thin walled. I just fitted some Innova tough gear tyres on the weekend and holy shit they were hard to fit compared to the stockers due to thick walls. I ran the stock tyres for about 7 months and they did the job to play around on. I am really happy with the bike overall, its got a strong reliable motor that can take a beating. Heres the review I did on it after I bought it
http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibike-reviews/19153-2009-pitpro-125rr.html
Personally I would reckommend it espesially for learners because of the spare parts kit that comes with it. Just remember that it is not as big as the bigfoot bikes that you are keen on but it is a tough little bike. Any questions just PM me and I'll help ya if I can.

Latest posts

Back