New mini quad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flogdog

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals :)

Just brought my little girl a tdr 49cc quad . Something cheap and hopefully cool enough for her to whet her appetite for future outdoor activities and motosports.Don't want her to be sitting on facebook all day or watching youtube and slowly turning into a white pasty skin kid who knows all becoz they read it on the net.

Couple of questions.Newbie myself to the scene and was wondering about some basic tuning tips,was thinking of getting a better plug like an NGK , do they do a better clutch through TDR or another supplier as i have read the clutches are a bit suspect. The chain guard looks pretty crap so i may get some similar type plastic as the bike kit and cover that whole leg area for safety.Ummm and how do i adjust the chain :)

Cheers dude, i had already read that review :) , before purchasing in fact. There really does not seem to be much info on the net about them other than the standard stuff that is posted on ebay. What i was after was where too buy the better clutch (2 shoe not three i think) and how to adjust the chain, are the links easy to take out? And if there is any tuning that needs to..or can be done :)

the chain should adjust just like any bike chain either screw the nuts out or in depending on the design(ive just taken pics of the three different setups i have will post em tonight)
to take out links use a grinder or buy a chain breaker
it will need all its fluid dropped and replaced with decent stuff
and tunning is only set to run from factory but not with any finess
the motor is tuned the same way pities are tuned, spend a weekend reading thru the tech section and soak up all you can 4 wheels or 2 they are basically the same
oh and welcome to mr

cheers , as i expected the "manual" that came with the quad is crap, to say the least,I will have a read through the tech section and do some soaking.Will sus out your pics once uploaded :)

Latest posts

Back