new need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey000

Reaction score
hey guys im buying a pitty (a pitpro 125rr) in the next few days and had some questions about bikes in general,

do i need to be insured to ride at a motocross track? like pt gawler or whatever

i know nothing about motorbikes barely know how to use them/maintain them, i ride downhill mountainbikes so its not that i cant ride them just not to sure on controls, how clutch works bla bla bla

where can i get help for the above , thanks

hey mate welcome to the site first off if i was you ask for some help off someone who knows how to ride like a brother or relative youll pick it up in no time and i dont think you need insurance for a motocross track

How old are you mate? Do you drive? If you know how to drive a manual box, you'll understand the concept.
Also look for threads for maintence,
Main things you need to be able to do is:
Change oil, Valve clearances, Clean and oil air filter and chain, and mabey tune carby but for now the rest and they are all very simple. Did my first clearance yesturday had no idea and figured it out by myself and done em in 15 minutes...and for the oil change etc you should get a manual with your bike that should explain all of this anyway. so dont sweat it...

Good luck with the bike mate and welcome to the site.

Welcome Joey000 to MiniRiders... :)

Nah, you dont need insurance to ride at places like Pt Gawler, BUT i'd recommend you look into Ambulance cover... ambo rides dont come cheaply should you ever need one...

I would also recommend you get at least the basics in the way of safety gear... Helmet, boots, gloves and goggles... the rest can come later, but helmet and boots are the bare minimum...

As for learning to ride etc, i'm trying to organise another ride day for Adelaide MiniRiders... The last one was a hit, and it caters for beginners through to closet racers, and is purely aimed at being a fun day on the bikes, so keep an eye on the "Riding Events" section...

as for all the things you need to look out for when buying a new bike, and setting it up, click on the link below, and have a look through the thread...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24239-achtung-noobs-your-new-pitbike-you-set-up-tips.html

yeah i have all safety gear from my mountain bike riding, helmet, neck brace gloves goggles body armour and all the rest of that. i have amulance cover so as long as i dont need insurance its all win, thanks :)

Latest posts

Back