New piston intall

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordrule

Reaction score
hello, i have just recieved a new piston and rings.
i would like to know, if there is anything i should do be4 putting them in?

also, if any one could post, or send me a step by step manual of how to
set a timing chain, coz my head n cylinder have been taken off bike, coz i dunno
how 2 do it.

oh btw i have a 110cc Pitbike.

please reply asap!!
cheers!

im also after a step by step run through to do above
im using a YX 140cc 1p56fmj and just ordered 2 new bore kits to trial

a 146cc tb racing kit and a no name 150cc kit

as the dude above said can we get some tech advice

^^^^^^^^^ Let us know how you go with that project. Very interested!!

I might make a tutorial up on it. Just will take a bit of time as it's a big job. Pretty easy to do the timing though. Same principles apply to most engines.

to set timing:
is a little mark on top inside of ignition/flywheel case and on side of cam casing,right side at bout 9 oclock.
Need to set fly wheel d/t/centre with mark on fly wheel to mark on caseing.
And also set cam sproket to mark on cam case,is a little circle on cam sproket,they must be lined up, with flywhell dtc.thats how i done mine,im no mechanic but bike gos!!haha
any1 got anything else that may help feel free to add!

Not happy
just got the 150cc no name kit and it turns out theres 2 diff style kits 1 with 1 side bolt to bottom end and another kit with 2

i need the 1 bolt and guess what i got.....2 bolts lol....faaaaaaark

so if any1 is interested i have a 60mm bore kit for 2 bolt yx 140cc's
it includes basic head gaskit, base gaskit, 60mm piston,bore kit,rings

to set timing:
is a little mark on top inside of ignition/flywheel case and on side of cam casing,right side at bout 9 oclock.
Need to set fly wheel d/t/centre with mark on fly wheel to mark on caseing.
And also set cam sproket to mark on cam case,is a little circle on cam sproket,they must be lined up, with flywhell dtc.thats how i done mine,im no mechanic but bike gos!!haha
any1 got anything else that may help feel free to add!

hey sorry i dont quite follow. So i got to take crank case off? and there will be a mark on a fly wheel? does that mark have 2 line up wid sumfin?
then wat? wats the "d/t/centre" mean?
another thing i dont get is, when i took off the cam wheel, i forgot what position the mark was in. So does it matter, is there a certain spot or way to tell if the cam wheel is on properly be4 u line it up with the other mark??

please help =s

by d/t/centre he meant Top Dead Centre (TDC)

there will be a mark on the crank casing that should be marked with TDC, that needs to line up with the mark on the sprocket... this is hard for me to explain cause i dont really know what any of these parts are called, i just know how to do it..

do a search on here for the thread that tells you how to set valve clearences, because it explains how to get the engine to top dead centre and has pics i think. otherwise search google.

Latest posts

Back