new pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasfish

Reaction score
hey i know its been asked probably a million times but im looking for a good bike under $2k. i want something thats reliable (well as much as can be expected) good for jumps and track riding, not a nightmare to maintain and in a month when i want go fast bits it wont be impossible. im aroud 5'10" and weigh bout 75kg...

any ideas, suggestions, reviews or advice greatly appreciated!!!

look at my bike its for sale.. its second hand though.. and how could you of asked a million times if this is your first post:S

have a look at my thread buddy, the bikes close to new

Last edited:
some good ones are:
CRF50/70-great reliablity
MSO-great for the $$$ and good reliablity
MOTOVERT-great reliablity
CINIWERX-great reliablity
BRAAP-haven't heard much of... some one can help you out here
FMR.-haven't heard mouch of... some one can help you out here

look at pitster pro, one of the best pibikes and have a price tag to match $3000+

or you could go for pitpro from ebay they're pretty cheap with some level of reliablity

look at my bike its for sale.. its second hand though.. and how could you of asked a million times if this is your first post:S

have a look at my thread buddy, the bikes close to new

for $2000 he'ld probibly want something better...he said this Q's PROBIBLY been asked a million times;)

thanks bulldog. i was looking at a few possibilities: mso, pitpro or a s/hand motovert. looking at under $2k so havent really looked into braap or fmr yet but will have a look today. thanks for your suggestions though.

from what ive read i need something with a good frame and good suspension for odvious reasons.

all good mate.. yeah pretty obvious the suggestions i posted are the top $$ bikes, what size are you looking for 125cc, 140cc, 150cc??

im looking for a 140 or 150. mso can only get me a 140s from brissy for just under 1500 but im not sure.

that's most likely the best bike you can get under 2k, they have a really good rep and the specs of that bike are way WAY better compared to anything else you'd get for $1500

I just got a 140s from Brissy and the bike is great quality. I honestly dont think you would get a better bike for the price. The frame design is nice and strong and the suspension is pretty good, its way stiffer for jumps than the Pitpro I had before it. I did have a few teething issues at the start with the carb but its all sorted.
The 140 has nothing on a 150 for power but with the MSO you get a good all round package instead of something that goes really fast and handles like shit. It has decent everything, instead of some really good parts and some crap ones. I love it but I will love it more when my VM26 carb FINALLY gets here as I stuffed the pilot jet by making it a bit to big, but thats my fualt not the bikes. It was way lean at the start so I made the jet a bit bigger but went too far .

if u want a bike mines for sale its a pitsterpro x4 2008 160cc asking $1700

Well contacted Linda at MSO and they arent importing any more and have nil stock left in Aus. so looks like back to square one. or maybe the pitsterpro? where bouts u from karloz?

rossetti has a nice bike for sale if he still wants to sell it that is. you should pm him cos its a pretty good lookin bike.

^^ terra-motor^^ he wants $1500 or less i think(don't quote me) but if you can get the pitster go for it..

P.S rossetti is in NSW and karloz is in MELB

hey bulldog i think i sent u a message. i like karloz bike or theres an motovert there as well not sure which one to go for. moto verts only a 125 tho but yeah probly as fast as the pitsterpro

nah i didn't get a PM...well they are both top quility bikes but i would go the pitsterpro because it just got better build quility and a 160 and better parts but in saying that i've seen the thread with the motovert (125r) and they're surpose to have an elka shock, don't know about the forks though(sorry) and he hasn't posted anything about the bike in regareds too mods to the bike..

the pitsterpro still outshines the motovert..

karloz: is it a lifan 160cc or a YX160cc????

Latest posts

Back