new pitpro 140xr what oil??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollis

Reaction score
hey so tonight i bought my pitpro 140xr for a bargin!! finaly ay i have been waiten for like over 3 months and now i have done it wowhooah lol im to happy i carnt wait till i get it:D

so yes.. i have been looking through the oil threads and its all mixed oils and for different engines so i carnt find out what is the best oil to put in the new 140 lifen engine when i get it

what type of oil for the run in, and what type of oil for affter the run in.

thanks" ..hollis..

probly best bet is to use 10w40 man as they recomend for about the first 5 changes or soo but i dont have this engine so i dont no exactly

what u pay for it if u dont mind me asking they are goin for like 800 these days

i dont intend on upsetting anyone when i say this, and im not pointing fingers im stating this in general but honestly "what oil do i use in my new bike" comes up atleast once a week... do a quick search something is bound to come up because i know for a fact that this question does get answered very often and everyone sounds like a broken record repeating themselfs

some say 10w-40, some say 15w-40 and others say 20w-40! all the selections are fine i wouldnt be to bothered on what oil you run in your chinga... they all lubricate

another thing is some people say dont use the shipping oil! i dont see why you shouldnt they could send them in a box with no oil but lubricated internals! i think thats there indication on what oil you should use they wouldnt put it in there for no reason! otherwise they could save themself money ... i see no difference in different brands! all this oil comes from the same place... anyway thats only my opinion if your willing to spend top dollar on oil that is pritty much just a different sticker compared to other cheaper alternatives!

anywho i should honestly think this topic should become a sticky if it already isnt! you would think it is (i havnt checked if it was up) but if not then a mod should do something about that! also trying to make it easy to find maybe a seperate section "what to do, the new bike buyers" or something along those lines

enough of my rambeling on!

Last edited:
yep thanks for the addvice(kindoff lol) i understand what u mean fully. it was just i couldnt find what oil would suit my engine that would be the best for it to run on thats all, cause when u looked at the other threads every1 was saying different stuff and for different engines, so i thought it would be easyer and best to have this one for this engine only

well typically when most off us refer to pit bikes we mean 140cc and under (well now there is 150cc) and as most know they do not have seperate oil for both the engine and gear box (why would you its a small 4 stroke motor) anywho get something between the 3 mentioned above, if you dont want to get anything fancy you dont have too... regular service station oil will do the job! heaps of people say that its shit but it all comes down to personal opinion and most of these will not last a lifetime so anything special is a waist of time...

anyway as i said earlier its all about person opinion but i honestly do not see why you should spend so much on lubrication when most of the brands are just re branded (all though it was a different product i seen two different products being packeted using the same product the only difference between the two is one was a more expencive brand compared to another) lol and i dont see why they wouldnt do it with alot of different products

look people as i said not directed at someone and if you did find it a hassel to do a quick search on it i think that is an improvement that needs to be made! (im not bragging the job your doing mods) but hear this out... no hard feelings :p where all human

haha yer... but some engines run a wet clutch (140lifen) and others dont, so different oils are more better for different engeins

mate basically all pitbike motors have a wet clutch
hell even most 4 stroke motor bike motors do

Price and availability is what changes what oil people use. Personally I use Castrol GPS in my XR140, i think its 10w50. Its designed to run in high temp 4 strokers and after you have been flogging your XR140 for a bit you will find they get pretty damn hot. Most 4 stroke motorbike oils should work fine tho, Motul 5100, Motul 7100, Belray Thumpster oil, ect ect ect
Hell go into Honda and ask them for Honda oil to suit a 50, from memory its pretty cheap.
Just whatever is available and whatever you can afford. I would try sticking to something in a 10w40 or 10w50 to help the flow threw the oil cooler as the thicker oils like 15w50 it may have flow issues, not saying it will but there is a small chance.

lol, i dont think i could name one motorcycle that dosnt run a wet clutch... the majority run wet clutch!

haha oh true? well mybad every1 i didnt know that, i was just goin on what people have told me lol but nice to know thanks

Latest posts

Back