New road boots?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timeeh

Go Go Gadget Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at getting a new set of road bike boots. Just wondering what you guys think would be good ones? The 2 sticking in my mind at the moment are the Alpine Supertech-R/S-mx or the SIDI ST/Vortice. Any other options glady welcome :)

i have oxstar atm ,there good
also oxstar dirt boots which are great and diadora motard which are ok

the alpine stars and sidi are the best imho

the Alpine Star Supertech have a removable inner booty the has all sorts of good bits to stop ankle an heel deflection during impact plus it give you alot more flexibility than the Sidi's.
What size are you? If your a 42 then I know a place you can get Ant Wests old GP boots for about $300.

48.... so i dont reckon they'd fit, maybe if i remove my toes hmmmm :) What about the weather resistance on them? The SIDI's look a bit more weather/water resistant.

the alpine stars have a piece of material that pulls tight to seal the boot to your leathers, while the Sidi's are open.
However you may find the toe vents will leak on both boots but I think the Alpine stars can be closed.

I personally have been looking at both the boots you mentioned and found that the Alpine stars comes up better for flexibility and ankle protection in an ugly crash, most gp guys ride and race in them, but they are somewhat bulkier than the sidi's. But for impact protection liek stones, sticks and a bike falling on your foot the Sidi's will win hands down as they have the composite moulding all around to spread the load of the impact.
It all depends what you want though. Racing... Get the Aplpine Stars, on the road.. get the Sidi's, stunting.... get what ever as its gonna hurt either way!!! :cool:

Gonna be for road riding, replacing a set of Alpine GP Tech's, they are damn comfortable but i'm about to wear through the sole. The SIDI's do look like more protection (especially for the ankle) but comfort is a factor too, nothing worse than cramped feet, especially when sitting on the bike for 6hrs or so :(

Photo0049.jpg

got my new SIDI's today :) very nice

Latest posts

Back