New SE Qld track in the works

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterSpoon

Reaction score
Ok putting this up now to let you all know. Now it is not 100% certain now but there are certainly wheels in motion from what I have been told and should hopefully just be a matter of time until its open to us.

Track is Lakeside Raceway (presume its the kart track, its the smaller one on the middle right in this pic, has the circle near it)
lakephoto1.jpg

Is on the Northside of Brisbane and to help you all find out where it is you can go here narangba kurwongbah - Google Maps and get directions.

Cost is expected to be $20 for a full hour riding broken up into 15 min sessions...

Additional cost is $55 per year for AASA license (Australian Auto Sport Alliance)... Or $20 for a 'day permit' which gives you 3 weeks to upgrade to full license if you wish and you just need to pay the extra $35 for the full license...

Now the nice pocket bike people have got in and done most of the work on getting this track available and they have just started to use it, I think the first practice was today. They have already made it in the paper......
Brielleinthelocalpaper6thmay20081.jpg

Bike prep I expect will be a little more strict then Archerfield with things like exhaust volume being checked as there is a 92DB limit apparently but even a semi decent home made exhaust baffle should be able to pull most down enough. Things like catch cans and axle sliders are not known if they are required atm. Riding apparel is also unknown but would recommend full leathers, boots, gloves and obviously a good helmet. Would say absolute minimum would be gloves, bike jacket, jeans / mx nylons and knee guards, boots / good shoes and good helmet.

So if / when it becomes available who will be interested in attending? Will be weekends, possibly every second Sunday arvo. Looking for genuine interest here not time wasters. The more we have keen the easier the push to get it open to us should be.

Have talked it over with Dad and although it's a fair trip for us (though, feel a bit stupid complaining next to you) I think we could make it an every now and then thing. Track is twice as big as Archerfield and smoother running of the track day sounds great. Here's our support anyway.

hey guys i live just around da corner from it 5 min pushy ride there 4 me nd slide nd i am interested in gettin into tard i am a certainty 2 b down there even if im not racing. it is a great track (they use 2 drive v8's on it). i dnt no about then being open everyweekend b coz they do drift racing. well the people that have opened it have just got a 30yr contract 2 it but we had 2 fight 4 it 2 b open. i even got a sticker sayin street racing kills open lakeside :D . nah it should b extremely good nd hope 2 cyas down there ill try 2 keep yas informed as much as possible

If this goes ahead we will be there for sure so count 3 more bikes
we would probably make it for most days they open definatly the first one

saber

yeah if it pans out for sunday's i could see a great possibility in being there every track day

Quick update
The guys from small wheel deals are leading the push for minimotard. They have been out and doing some testing and what not. Bike prep is pretty simple really, motard tyres and a quite exhaust pretty much. As far as I can tell catch cans, axle sliders, bar sliders and peg sliders not required at this stage.

If you can't make an exhaust baffle or something to keep your current one quite enough I am led to believe that the guys at Small Wheel Deals Small Wheel Deals - Whole Range Of: Quad Bikes, Dirt Bikes, Mini Bikes, Spare Parts and Accessories should be able to help you out with a cheap system and may also be able to help out with motard tyres.

Progress has been slowed a little at this stage with one of the guys breaking his Tibia in a crash in testing so once again I can not stress how important good safety gear is people. Not sure what the minimum requirements are but would say helmet, bike jacket, gloves, jeans / mx nylons + knee guards and covered foot ware would be a bare minimum.

Will hopefully have some good updates in about 2 weeks.

I seem to remember hearing from Glen and Kim that Small Wheel Deals is importing cheap motard slicks so I'm pretty sure they would help with tyres.

yeh they got tyres there ive seen em lol there pretty cheap 2 i dnt really like small wheel deals there pretty dodgey but atleast there tryin 2 start sum things moving along for pit bike riding and racing in the area

it should only be a matter of a few weeks till the first motard track day from what I have heard.
the noise limit is 93 bd

Saber

yup well the dates should be out in a few weeks i went down and spoke to the boys yesterday at small wheel deals and for poeple that are wondering why the petrie shop isnt open its because nutsy has broke his leg in 5 places but there is always there other shop that is in paisely drive for you guys that need quieter pipes

Today was the first track day at lakeside it was an awesome day even including the high humidity;) (it was so humid you could see the humidity on the ground). Everyone stayed on their bikes and all had a great time. The track is absolutely fantastic; it’s fast and flowing with a great mix of fast sweepers and tight twisties; it undulates from uphill to downhill.
I will post up when the next practice day will be. At the moment I believe it should be in a fortnights time.

Saber
PS: The noise restrictions are not a problem quiet exhausts can be purchased at the track at a very good price

here is a few shots from today
antlakeside3en9.jpg

antlakeside2mg3.jpg

antlakesidekd1.jpg

you can see the very high humidity LOL
Saber

Last edited:
bahaha very keen riding in the rain!

yea we were keen but the bottom line is that come race day if it rains racing will still go ahead wet or not so I guess it's handy to have some experiance of the wet

Saber
PS: it was amasing how hard you can actualy go in the wet

Great weather for the first track day, I always say the wetter the better coz it makes for good fun and it makes it all a bit more interesting lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back