new to dirt bikes please help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel10

Reaction score
hi im new to dirt bikes and i just bought a 2008 hummer with a zongshen 250cc. what should i do to it or change because its used and also how do i reduce slack in the throttle? are there any cheap easy mods to do? also what about maintainence what should i do to it and how often? also the bike will not idle when cold if the throttle is not being applied how do i fix that? thanks :)

Last edited:
I'd be changing the oil first thing, then clean the air fillter.

Maintance wise. Air fillter every ride when dusty or every 5 hours of ride time. Oil I'd do every 10-15 hours ride time.

As for the throttle I'm not too sure.

does anyone else know about the throttle slack and anything else that i can do to the bike?

im not familiar with this model... but usually there is an adjuster on the throttle grip on the handle bar.. wind that out untill the slack reduces to where you are comfortable and make sure there is a little bit of slack as so when you turn the handle bars the revs don't increase

or there is an inline adjuster (follow the throttle cable and you will see it its probably covered with rubber protectors)

thanks what about the bike dying on idle if the throttle isnt applied? could it be a fouled plug? or too low idle?

if its only when cold I wouldn't worry bout it, but do check and clean your plug frequently and also replace it cause them china ones are crap.

allright thanks, does anyone know if it is possible to put a speedometer on the bike?

Latest posts

Back