New to mini bikes few questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dub

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm about to by myself a new CRF50 2011 just had a few questions before I go ahead with it. I'm new to mini bikes, wanting to get in to the freestyle riding. There is a heap of threads on here with mods to do but I couldn't find all the questions I was looking for.

Where can I get an 88cc bore kit for my bike? I have looked on eBay at the BBR kits, but most of them say they only fit until the year 2009.

I'm a 20 year old female, about 160cms and 55kg. What else other than the bore kit would I need to have the bike running better for someone my size? So far I'd want handlebars, levers, different swing arm, exhaust and I'm sure there were a few other things I had written down that I can't remember now.

I'm new to mini bikes but have been riding mx bikes all my like, currently riding a KTM 105 and a little KX60 to play around on but that won't get much use once I get the 50 up and running.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

hi first is suspension so fast ace or dnm fox you choose
for engine mods don't just go one ebay and buy a lifan or gpx or zongsheng 110 or 125 cc motor for about 200 - 400 buck better power then a modded crf motor imo
then get a 125cc pitbike pipe for 20-100 bucks then go pro taper handle bars
after that its just adjustment and bling

keep it honda, dont go putting crap chinese motors and what not on a honda! if you were to do what jesse is saying your would be better off just buying a china to start with

To add, the 88 kits advertised to fit up to 09 CRF50 will fit your bike, it is just that they dont update their ads, and those ads were written in 09. So, no problems there.

I used The GDFP for my daughters 88....he did all the headwork...informed on what other extras were required etc etc and now it is a fun little screamer.....we also did a 108 for my wife...tractor like torque....fun on a 10" machine for sure......I would stay away from the China shocks...a Fox Float is the absolute most adjustable and best shock (IMO) for the CRF50.....if you really want to make it more ridable, some CRF70 forks and swingarm is an inexpensive way to get there...tall bars a must...have fun and elcome to the craziness

Latest posts

Back