New to Minis, Looking for advice

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazza

Reaction score
Hey Im looking at gettin a mini very soon, Ive had a look around and Im gunna buy new. Was looking at the Thumpstar range, I was thinking of gettin a Hunge10. Ive got a budget of around $3000. Any suggestions on if this is a good choice or not? Also any tips for dealing with a new bike?

P.S itll mainly be for trail riding, pretty easy stuff and abit of jumping.
Any advice/tips very much apreicated.

Man the thumpstars are good. But you should consider the motovert range. I rode one on the weekend i bi jove they rip! The only bad this about thumpstars is the Thumpstar pro forks. You have to replace the seals. I'd say if you were trail riding you would want a 125. Both good for jumping and also i would sugest you get the 12' back wheel. There are some other good bikes just use the search buton. But make sure you check the shops and make sure you can get a good deal.

I checked out a shop up north, and they can get me a 125 Terra-moto Krusha(apparently thumpstar have made a name change) for $2000. I had a look and it seems to be the real deal (there also registered on the thumpstar and terra-moto website as being a dealer, it also explains about the name change on the site.) its not a overly good looking bike but i figure i can afford to get some new plastics and a few trick bits if i grab this one.

Thanks for the replies! Another question can anyone tell me what sort of plastics it would use? CRF100? looks about right to me but im not real crash hot with this stuff.

crf50! the king of mini bikes it will never let u down and the mods are endless

g'day mazza. someone correct me if im wrong but i do believe they are using the crf50 plastics.

with regards to thumpstar your right, they have changed their name to terramoto due to another company selling a bike called a thumpsta...

some other bikes you may want to look into would be like the ones that mjc85 posted up, they seem like a nice soild ride, good forks, good shock, very good frame and a decent price. also look into the FMR outlaw, stock 140cc (not a bored 125cc) and a whole bunch of other trick bits. look into the pitster x3 / x3r range as well as these are running a gpx motor (alot of honda inovation has gone into these motors) and are a really nice ride, also the motovert is a nice setup and some at a real nice price. all of these have the crf50 plastics and can take alot of honda parts (cams, pistons, etc etc...)

have a look into these bikes man and let us know what you come up with. you could go with a crf50 too if you wanted to but do consider that they are exceptionally small, slow from the crate, 3 gears semi automatic etc etc...... alot needs to be done and alot needs to be spend on these to get them going as hard as any of the others mentioned.

once again have a look around and let us know what you find out.

Cheers, Tony.

i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/mazza_FBOD/terra-moto
(Cant post links/images yet, so put http infront of it and .jpg on the end)
Thats the krusha, the plastics look to be in the same sort of bolt pattern as the CRF although its shape is different.

As for shopping around, ive checked a few places both up north and down in my area. The general sales seems to be the BSE, Braapster, Atomiks and the Terra-moto. From what ive seen i think il grab the Terra, i could probably get a motovert in but my parents are being pretty strick on a "unless i see it you arent buying it" so that rules out ebay. Id grab a CRF50 but i already have the old Z50 hanging around from when we brought it with a XR250.

As for the plastic does anyone know how much it would set me back? Im after a set of CRF50 plastics. I was looking at buying some graphics from motoxtrail.com as they look pretty sick, just to give it abit of a unique look.

Thanks again for all the feedback

i dont like the look of it, they should of stuck to crf style.

The main reason they didnt go with the CRF style was to make it instantly noticable what bike it was. Yeh it is a pretty ugly bike, but to be honest its growing on me. But like i said il prob change the plastics on it to give it abit more style.

Latest posts

Back