New to Motard, Which bike to buy?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaso

Reaction score
Hello, Im new to Motard and was wondering which bike i should buy.

I am looking on Ebay at 3 bikes at the moment:

The LEI XR 125CC
2008 LEI XR 125CC THUMPSTAR CRF MOTOR TRAIL DIRT BIKE - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Dec-07 18:15:00 AEDST)

The BN 2008 125cc THUMPSTAR AX1
BN 2008 125cc PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR TRAIL THUMPSTAR AX1 - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Dec-07 19:00:00 AEDST)

The 125CC LIFAN MONSTER ENERGY THUMPSTAR
NEW TRAIL PIT BIKE 125CC LIFAN MONSTER ENERGY THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Dec-07 20:00:00 AEDST)

I was wondering which bike would be the best bike to buy? I will also buy a set of 12" FRONT/REAR KENDA SUPER MOTARD WHEELS from DHZ.

Also what mods should I do and buy to get more out of which ever bike I buy?

Cheers, Jaso

go the third bike
dhz has a great reputation and the bike is alot better quality then the others

Would recommend the MSO Pro and ask Ken and Linda to swap the dirt rims and tyres for a motard set up. The Pro's suspension is perfect for motard use.

Huge difference between the first 2 and the last.... The lei XR will sell for under $400 and the MSO will prob sell for closer to $600.
MSO is a better bike, just depends what u want to spend.

I have the lei xy-s 125cc..... cost me $425

dsc00453ze2.jpg

The lei xy-s has a shitty frame compared to the MSO.... but for motard it doesnt matter to much as u arent really subjecting it to much strain (jumps etc...)
It was a bit of a pain in the ass to get wheels to fit but if ur handy with tools it shouldnt be a problem.......

so yeah, if u want to spend the loot get the MSO but the lei xr will do the job.. albeit with less style and more piss farting around....

btw... expect them all to fall apart after every ride lol

another vote for the 3rd one (DHZ)
being that they sell alot of gear for the bikes aswel and always seems like one of the best places to buy parts you will have a better chance of getting parts that will be a direct fit. The other 2 will be a fair bit of a gamble and will be touch and go.

The DHZ's also seem to be a bit better built bike and I would say it would be worth the bit extra that it will cost you.

OK so i i going to buy a bike from DHZ but which should i go, the 125cc or he 140cc?

Also what are some good mods to buy and do?

Cheers, Jaso

it depends where you are racing
most tracks dont have a 140cc class

Realy - was thinking of buying a 140cc just for motard. Glad I didn't.. does anyone know if there is restrictions on what you can do to the motor?

U can ride ur 140cc around any track.... but if u want to race on race days and earn points then get a 125 as there is no class for 140cc... yet....
There are no mod restrictions on engines so any mods are allowed as long as it stays 125cc

Latest posts

Back