New Tyres?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
I need some new tyres for my Orion as the standard ones are worn right down and just disintergrating. I need a 14" front and 12" rear and i would prefer not to buy the standard ones but i don't want to spend alot. Max $100 for 2 tyres

Ok i'll prob buy these

TYRES IRC IX-Mini moto N/A
60/100-14
1 AU$44.95

TYRES IRC IX-Mini moto N/A
80/100-12
1 AU$44.95

Are these the right sizes?

And can places like bridgestone or tyrepower change the tyres?

Yep, they're the sizes everyone seems to sell for these bikes...

You'll probably have to go to a bike shop to get them fitted, I doubt the car tyre places would have a motorcycle trye changing machine... but I could be wrong...

I was thinking about buying some of these IRC's but read somewhere that they're a fairly soft compound, most the places I ride are hard and rocky so I want some Intermediate compound tyres...

The only "non soft" tyres I could find were these:
Dunlop K490 Hard / Intermediate Terrain Tyre 60/100 - 14 (Front) $37.00
Dunlop K695 Intermediate Terrain Tyre 80 / 100 - 12 (Rear) $45.00
From: http://www.bikebiz.com.au/shop/enter.html (Parramatta)

Anybody used the Dunlops before? any comments?

depends wot kenda u get, there are diff models so to speak and some wear out quicker than others.

Hey Mate the Vee Rubbers are soft........Please note Good For soft Terrain otherwise you are going to loose nobs,No Fear lost a few... Again very rock and Hard terrain...

I have received your order ....Will call you tomorrow....

WE have been out of stock for the last few days sold over 100 pieces...

Vee dont have a hard compound yet...

yeah, these tires are good, but for dirt only tracks, was at a very rocky place on sunday, and a few of the knobs right in the middle broke.

Well i just got my V-Rubbers but i read this and tried to cancel them, it didn't say they were soft i know i shouldve asked, but i am going to try to sell them on ebay and get something harder as i mainly ride on rocks.

Back