Newbie seeking expertise :D DHZ

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deva0o

Reaction score
Hello all!!

This is my first post on the forum so I might as well introduce myself quickly!
(I apologize in advance if this isn't the right spot to post about the bike I am interested in! Sorry!)

My name is Dee, I am turning 21 soon and am getting back into riding as soon as I get my hands on a mini :grinning-smiley-003

In the past I had owned a TTR-125LW and had always loved minis so sold the TTR and was about to buy a mini till I moved to the inner west of Sydney (no where close to ride).

Ive set my budget to about max $1200 and have had my eye on DHZ DPRO 160, Updated model, 6 Plate z160HO engine, GPX Rebound Shock, Big Bore Exhaust - DHZ Mini Moto

Im not to sure what details would be of use but I weigh 55kgs and am average height for a lady. I really enjoy the size of the crf50 style bikes opposed to the crf70 styles.

I live in the hills district rural side of Sydney with acreage to ride on but hopefully I can meet afew ladies and gents on here to go riding with together, hit up some good tracks and finally start tackling some jumps!

The DHZ dpro 160 seems amazing as does the Outlaw 140...

What do most of you lean towards around my price range? Is 160 overkill for someone like me? Should I be looking at something less extreme due to my size and weight?

Really appreciate any help...And thankyou in advance for trying to help!
Also I have read the thread regarding what price range for bikes etc, which has helped but still seeking some more advice...

Regards
Dee:laughing-smiley-002

Hi Dee, Welcome to MR! Great to have another female rider with us..

I think the 160 would be much better than the 140, esspecially since you have some riding experience. There are also quite a few mods available for the 160 when you eventually find yourself screaming for a bit of extra power.

DHZ have a great name here so you can be certain your buying from a trusted seller, and being in Villawood they are also fairly local for you.

When are looking at buying? Best thing to do until then is read through the reviews section, chat to some members and see what they are riding and there thoughts etc.

good luck with your purchase and be sure to keep us posted!

Hi Dee, Welcome to MR! Great to have another female rider with us..

I think the 160 would be much better than the 140, esspecially since you have some riding experience. There are also quite a few mods available for the 160 when you eventually find yourself screaming for a bit of extra power.

DHZ have a great name here so you can be certain your buying from a trusted seller, and being in Villawood they are also fairly local for you.

When are looking at buying? Best thing to do until then is read through the reviews section, chat to some members and see what they are riding and there thoughts etc.

good luck with your purchase and be sure to keep us posted!

Hey thanks for the swift reply and the warm welcome Minifighter! :p

Yes DHZ appeals to me quite a lot since they are fairly local, I might even go and pay them a visit at there Villawood showroom today if I can.

I am ready to buy anytime really, have been holding off for about a week because I keep jumping back and forth between so many different types of makes... A friend has pushed me away from brands such as TDR and pushing me towards DHZ.

But as you said I guess I should keep doing my research until I am 100% sure:eek:

Hey thanks for the swift reply and the warm welcome Minifighter! :p

Yes DHZ appeals to me quite a lot since they are fairly local, I might even go and pay them a visit at there Villawood showroom today if I can.

I am ready to buy anytime really, have been holding off for about a week because I keep jumping back and forth between so many different types of makes... A friend has pushed me away from brands such as TDR and pushing me towards DHZ.

But as you said I guess I should keep doing my research until I am 100% sure:eek:

You should listen to you friend, not bagging TDR but there not known here for there quality.

If you decide to visit DHZ make sure you mention your a member of Miniriders, they will look after you ( might even give you a discount ;) ) OR alternativly you could by a MR shirt..that way you wont have to keep telling them your a member everytime you go in..lol ;)

welcome to miniriders

good to have another female rider on board

there are also mini racing going on and there is a womens class, it would be a great place to meet up with others and have a good time, im sure the sound of racing might be a bit frightening but its all really fun and games

as mentioned above steer clear of brands such as TDR and focus on brands such as DHZ

are you more after a midsize mini like a dhz/pitster pro or after like a mini mini like a honda crf50

welcome to miniriders

good to have another female rider on board

there are also mini racing going on and there is a womens class, it would be a great place to meet up with others and have a good time, im sure the sound of racing might be a bit frightening but its all really fun and games

as mentioned above steer clear of brands such as TDR and focus on brands such as DHZ

are you more after a midsize mini like a dhz/pitster pro or after like a mini mini like a honda crf50

Hey thanks for the welcome :)

Is there a link or more info about the womens class in mini racing? It sounds really interesting.

Yeah I have been reading reviews on the TDR and I guess they can break quite fast so still open to opinions around my price range but DHZ looks to be on top at the moment.

As for the size I like the size of dhz/pitser pro over the crf50.

:) I think Minifighter and PBK have covered everything but I just wanted to say welcome and stick around :):):) Need more girls out there and on here!

Thanks for the welcome Rach :)
Hopefully I will stick around, I most definitely will if I get a bike soon!

I didn't get a chance to go into DHZ at Villawood yesterday but if I have time today I might.

Still keeping my options open and researching though:)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone

Latest posts

Back