Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitty_bad

Reaction score
Most of you guys seem like you have been around bikes for a long time, however for me this is my first bike. Im 20 and just bought an XT125, i think its xtreme moto from china. Havent picked it up yet but looking for some general tips ie - places around perth to ride (for you perth people), keeping the bike serviced etc. Also a few riding tips would be great as i also have limited riding experience. Just looking for the basics to start out with have a little fun, grow some confidence around bikes and kill some time during summer.

Let me know what you think about the bike for a first timer!

Oh and i know the my nick is pretty bad but its all i could think of.

yeah i was really unsure what to get as well. I have seen the same sorta bike i bought going for about 1200 -$1300 but i paid a little bit more $1500. some will say its a rip off others will not i guess? as far as i am concerned i was happy to spend a bit extra knowing i have a new bike and that its backed by a six month warranty from the shop i got it. i was considering spending $2.5k - 3k on a terra moto/thumpstar but couldnt justify the cost for a first bike

if its your first time riding i just reconmend taking it easy an get used of the bike for example the brakes an handling,
just ride an see what the limits are of the bike see how good you can stop it an take corners then once you know what the bike does go nuts son
dont forget when you get it to run it in very important

yeh the 1st time i rode a motobike was when i was 10 and for sum wierd reason i cldnt turn the throttle back and hit to palm trees and ran into a mecedes benz and the bike kept going and fell of and started spinning lol

I first rode a 2 wheeled bike when I was 5, Z 50 (hybrid) that thing took so much crap and still kept goin. Just take it easy and dont get over-confident.

it would b a good idea to ride in an open area but make shore its not to slippery...cos u dont want ur front wheel to slip out n scratch all up the side of ur new bike wen ur practicin ur corners....also take it easy and ride to ur ability and not any1 elses expectations... hav fun man!

Yeah i'm with the brotherhood ride to your abilities not your mates expectations....
Even at my age the pressure is there to go bigger and faster but i know my skill level isn't up for it so i just make sure i ride to my ability...
And of course have as much fun as possible...

Latest posts

Back