next mod double carbs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divy

Reaction score
this might be my next mod, how do you think she will go?
3e81_1.jpg

i think she will go fucking crazy, be annoying if u put one choke on and not the other lol

BRAAAAP BRAAAAAP BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

i cant see the point... want more air fuel, just put a bigger carb on... i can only see it being of bennefit on a multi-cylinder engine, so you can tune each cylinder to match the other/s

i cant see the point... want more air fuel, just put a bigger carb on... i can only see it being of bennefit on a multi-cylinder engine, so you can tune each cylinder to match the other/s

Correct!

Will be nothing but a tuning nightmare mate.

... and correct!

And if you don't sync the carbs correctly it will be a bigger nightmare.

looks nuts, but from carby car experience...

have fun tuning them ;)

i liked it cause it looked wicked i thought there wouldnt be much of a power difference i thought it would be the same as putting a larger carby on like you guys said

i didnt think about how hard it would be to tune, i hate tuning my single carby's as it is so i could just imagine me tuning that! bahaha no chance ill end up throwing it LOL

I remember reading about these on Planet minis. A lot and i mean a lot of people where saying that they are pointless and you will also lose power. Try a search over at planet minis.

I remember reading about these on Planet minis. A lot and i mean a lot of people where saying that they are pointless and you will also lose power. Try a search over at planet minis.

There would not be enough vacuum for two carbs to correctly atomise the fuel mixture. This is where you would lose power and foul plugs because it just won't burn properly. You would need to change the jets in any case, and sync both carbies spot on, that includes the fuel level in both bowls, both jets and needles spot on. It could work with alot of hard work, but fuel atomisation would still be your biggest headache.

I used to have a srx250 as a commuter, single cylinder 80s roadbike, Yamaha in all their wisdom decided to put 2 carbies on that thing, a CV carb and a standard carbie, feck me that thing was a nightmare to get running right, nearly ended up junking the whole lot and just putting a single carbie on there, but that too proved to be difficult due to there being two small intakes into the cylinder. As far as i know that is the only mass produced bike ever built with two carbies for one cylinder.

Fine if you can fit a v-twin in there with the carbs. Otherwise thumbs down

It would be possible to get it to work good IMO, but you would want to have a much better manifold made so both sides flowed into one seamlessly. You could gain the same effect with twin carbys as a fully teardrop ported carb. The biggest use for a set of carbs like that though is for forced induction. So supercharge first Divy, then bolt those those carbs up! Simple.

Dont see the point myself, just money on something that will be a pain in the anus.

yeah..my 140 runs awesome with 25mm carby...i dont see the point in going DOUBLE!!! get a por job and hi comp piston or somehing instead

lol

and i double agree with everyone. Tuning them will be sweet sweet fun :):)

My friends honda 250 has two carbies. I've never ridden it but he says the power really kicks in in third gear.

Latest posts

Back