no compression and timing wrong ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDR-Shitbox

Reaction score
hey guys
i had carbon build up so i pulled the head off fixed it put the head back on my bike watched a video on youtube how to do your cam timing and all that i got it running was back fireing when your going and when it revs down and the nut that holds the rockers come off inside the head and had no compression because the valve was out so bought a new nut cause the old one was f*#ked put it back on set the valve clearance correctly and doesnt have no compression with everything back on plus cant get the timing correct but i did it the same as the last time i took the head off ANY ADVICE this is pissing me off just had enough:confused-smiley-013:

wut you mean can't get the timing right? line it up.... 9 oclock on the cam 12 oclock on the flywheel... there done!

you might have no compression from the tappet nut bending a valve.... time to pull the head back off and check them....
also did you put a new head gasket on?

no new head gasket but think compression is escaping through head gasket i know how to do it i watched it on Utube

how did you tighten the head studs? did you use a torque wrench?

easy way to check is spray really soapy water all ove rthe head and start the b ike.... you should see bubbles coming from where the gasket leaks

Latest posts

Back