no fuel flow

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B

Reaction score
my fuel doesnt flow into the carbie via the external fuel filter when the fuel cap is closed. no fuel comes out only when the cap is loose or open?
i cant ride with a loose fuel cap so whats wrong? :?

Maybe the little breather hole in the middle of your fuel cap is clogged, clear the hole with something pointy like a small needle and then try riding again.

it is blocked but it allways was its all for show i will make a small hole with a small drill bit and should work ill tell u guys how it goes. i need more opinions though?

my fuel doesnt flow into the carbie via the external fuel filter when the fuel cap is closed. no fuel comes out only when the cap is loose or open?
i cant ride with a loose fuel cap so whats wrong?

????? please help me :?

yeah i think u should drill a hole in the cap so that air can flow through. i have the same fuel cap but mine hasnt done it. YET anyway. but try what u said that should do the trick. :D

when drilling hole in the cap, make sure it is very small, I'm not sure what would happen if the hole was too large but I spose it's better to be safe then sorry. Also, on all bikes I have seen so far, they all have very small holes in the cap.

Peakn said:
when drilling hole in the cap, make sure it is very small, I'm not sure what would happen if the hole was too large.............

In thoery, it really shouldnt matter how big the drilled hole will be. Basically, what you seem to be experiencing is a vacuum caused by the lack of vent from the fuel tank. This is why when you loosened your cap, it ran normally. Naturally though, you'd want to keep the drilled hole to a maximum, of, say, the size smaller thatn the inner diameter of the hose on top of the fuel tank cap as seen on most bikes.

This exact same thing happened to me on my second bike. It was an identical model of my first one so I didnt suspect the vent. It took me quite some time to discover - after stalling more than once and despite just filling up, just went to open the cap to have a look at the level. It then fired and ran a couple of kms then stopped.

I just dont get why the exact same part from the same (Chinese) factory just cant be manufactured identically. Or at least, the quality checks that ensue must have a way of segregating non-standard ones... Sheesh.....

'Hope the hole solves your problem.

my little brother once put a sticker over the fuel cap hole and didnt know why it kept cuting out he was all cranky i pulled my knife out scaped the sticker off then goon as new

Latest posts

Back