no rear mudflap?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numroe

Reaction score
I'm a newbie, shopping around for a mini. I want to ride it on real dirt, real sand, real stones and real mud.

What I don't understand is why no minis have (as standard) a rear flap to keep the mud and sand and stones off the rear shock and associated parts.

I'd guess it might put the cost up by about $10, and (dry) weight up by 50g. But once the rear end gets muddy, the weight loss due to less mud would easy be 500g or more. And who wants crusty packed mud or stone scratches on their rear shock shaft and spring. Or who wants to clean the bike more often than they ride it? Not me.

Can someone enlighten me one what the #$%^ is going on?

I know I could just buy a new one meant for a Jap 85cc or whatever, and fit it on (a new Atomik or DHZ or whatever). But my question is a more general and curious one. I really don't get it. :confused:

why a back mud flap, they would look gay..

oh, i didn't get what you were saying... i though u ment something that comes off the back mud guard.. good idea i don;t know why they dont but its easy to clean under there anyway

my appoligies

my bike is the same, im going to make somethin up to fit there or buy one if i can find one that will fit my bike

i don't think they even sell'em should mod one for ya bike when you get one post some pic's i you do would'nt mine seeing what they look like on a mini

This is one that I made for my bike.. It took about 5 mins to make and it works a treat.
MyBike005.jpg
MyBike004.jpg

Can't believe everyone doesn't have one on their bike..

Nice job. With DIY jobs, the main issue beside keeping it in position, is it working ok with full swing arm travel.

Latest posts

Back