Noob clutch question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beginnerMX

Reaction score
HEY guys, Is the clutch suppose to work with out any oil in the engine? i just put my clutch case on and noticed my bike was in gear so i held the clutch in to push it and i couldnt push the bike the clutch wasnt engaging and didnt snap back when i let go of the clutch (felt loose). Should i be filling it with oil and letting it warm up and test again? thanks.

HEY guys, Is the clutch suppose to work with out any oil in the engine? i just put my clutch case on and noticed my bike was in gear so i held the clutch in to push it and i couldnt push the bike the clutch wasnt engaging and didnt snap back when i let go of the clutch (felt loose). Should i be filling it with oil and letting it warm up and test again? thanks.

you should be able to (after adjusting the cable) push in and it will return out like normal.. if not i would be double checking how you put the clutch back on and also check where the lock washers are in particular (got me the 1st time) if it pulls in and returns like normal then usually it will need oil to help separate the plates and get it disengaged correctly

Thanks for the reply, It pulls in and back very so slighty lever feels very loose i havent changed the adjustment so thought putting it back together it would be all the same, is the lock washer that button that sits into the clutch groove on the inside of the case? if so i have that in this is a lifan 150CC

Is the spring on the clutch lever at the engine end there? That should make it spring back even if it isn't pushing against the clutch springs. Also did you remember to put the piston thing that pushes against the clutch back in before putting it back together, or maybe it fell out with out you noticing?

Thanks for the reply, It pulls in and back very so slighty lever feels very loose i havent changed the adjustment so thought putting it back together it would be all the same, is the lock washer that button that sits into the clutch groove on the inside of the case? if so i have that in this is a lifan 150CC
yeah, thats the 5 plate what you have is the lock washer goes in and i like to turn it a little so it locks in (does not matter so much) and then you put another on top of that (if im not mistaken) and yeah adjust your clutch and then post results (want to make sure you dont waist your oil)

what do you mean by another? i only have 1 that i can see, i just cleaned up so ill do it tommorow my engine was pulled apart to fit a new kick start shaft, does something thin go inside in the middle of that round bearing? if so what does it look like iv lost it i think lol.

nothing should push through the middle of the bearing but something should push against the bearing which compresses the springs and the clutch plates parts each other. Thing should fit into the inside of the case and be pushed out by a rod which is what the lever is connected too. It makes much more sense when you see it in the flesh.

i pretty much spent all this time tryna line up the clutch side case up it wont line up flush now couldnt see in that video all i have is that button that sits in the clutch case hole and im trying to work out how the clutch actually disengages, it looks like it just hits the ball bearing in the middle of the clutch is some kind of rod suppose to be sticking out the centre of clutch and the button push's on it to disengage?

i pretty much spent all this time tryna line up the clutch side case up it wont line up flush now couldnt see in that video all i have is that button that sits in the clutch case hole and im trying to work out how the clutch actually disengages, it looks like it just hits the ball bearing in the middle of the clutch is some kind of rod suppose to be sticking out the centre of clutch and the button push's on it to disengage?
yes, on the case there s a push arm that when you turn it it acts like a cam and pushes the bearing releaving spring pressure therefor allowing the plates to rattle loose and slip (therefor no drive to the gearbox)

nothing should push through the middle of the bearing but something should push against the bearing which compresses the springs and the clutch plates parts each other. Thing should fit into the inside of the case and be pushed out by a rod which is what the lever is connected too. It makes much more sense when you see it in the flesh.

Thanks that what im seeing, But when i pull the lever the rod inside turns but isnt the button thing suppose to lift? or does this only happen when oils inside? i think because engines been out of bike for like a month things need to be lubed to work right?

some how this push arm for some odd reason isnt pushing against the bearing releasing the plates im gong to just put it all back together start bike let it idle for 10 mins and hopefully it frees it up otherwise im taking engine back to bike shop and telling them they have F***D something and they can fix it.

some how this push arm for some odd reason isnt pushing against the bearing releasing the plates im gong to just put it all back together start bike let it idle for 10 mins and hopefully it frees it up otherwise im taking engine back to bike shop and telling them they have F***D something and they can fix it.

It wont DONT FILL IT

its easy as pie man, pull it apart and you will see where you have gone wrong (my 1st clutch took 3 times)

the button wasnt fully in i had to get a flat head an push the rod down abit so the button could be seated in properly, works good just put fresh oil, 900ml castrol 4T and putting carbie and doing tuning tommorow ill probably be back with carbie questions worst thing to tune i would say. Thanks heaps though guys really appreciate it :)

Latest posts

Back