noob help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmulisha8990

Reaction score
i just got this pit bike its a 125 with a cluch dnt know the brand of the moter had a hard time starting it changed the stator and cdi and coil and put a new head gasket in and cleand the carb and put a new plug in and re did the valves and timeing and still wont start its driving me crazy pls help b4 i go and buy a new moter

i just got this pit bike its a 125 with a cluch dnt know the brand of the moter had a hard time starting it changed the stator and cdi and coil and put a new head gasket in and cleand the carb and put a new plug in and re did the valves and timeing and still wont start its driving me crazy pls help b4 i go and buy a new moter

does the engine have spark, remove the plug and insert it in the plug cap and earth on the engine and see if it is sparking, then we can go from there, and welcome to miniriders mate, we will hopefully get your bike goin.

have you turned the drain screw on the carby and visually seen fuel come out of it.

yea i even used starting fluid to start it trys but wont start the bike is a x2r pitster pro

did you hold the throttle flat when trying the starter fluid. just unhook the killswitch also incase it is causing an intermittent fault and check your wires at the coil that they are not loose and also check the wires from the magneto where they join onto the harness and make sure they are covered and not arcing onto the frame.

it has no kill swich i went through all of the wires i put the yellow wire on the frame and when i kick it over it sparks so i got spark the bike had a inner roter kit in it and i put it back to stock cuz the the bike was not geting spark

the yellow wire is for lighting, just because you have spark from that means the rotor is working, but it does not mean there is spark going to the plug, have you actually checked the spark plug for spark??

also find the killswitch wires green and black/white wires and make sure there not joined and are not bare and arcing on the frame. But we need to see spark from the plug.

sweet, now with the plug out, push your thumb into the plug hole tight on the head and kick it over, if the compression doesnt push past your finger we have a compression prob, if compression is good than the compression will push past your finger like a fart noise.

cool, did you try spraying starter fluid in the endof the carb(with filter off) with the throttle flat and then kick it over again, but hold the throttle flat.

also make sure the spark is not coming out of the plug cap onto the head when you kick it this is easier to spot in a dark room, any spark coming off the cap or plug onto the outside of the combustion chamber is very bad.

have you checked the magneto has not spun the keyway, if this happens it will still spark but at the wrong interval. remove the magneto cover and loosen and remove the nut holding the magneto on and with a torch make sure the keyway is sitting in the groove on the magneto or remove the magneto and visually check the keyway did not fall out and the magneto has turned on the crank. You will need to make a good inspection of this thats why i would recommend removing the magneto and checking all is good.

What colour CDI are you running

Pull the plug out and put it in the plug and hold it if it gives you a good bite that's great:), if not we got probs

Latest posts

Back