Noobie - Bout to Buy my 1st bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwicksy

Reaction score
Hi all, first up congrats on such an informative forum, ive done a fair amount of reading and found this place to be a great source of information.

Im looking to spend around the 2K mark, im 6 foot and 93 Kg and will be looking at using the bike for mostly trails with the odd small jump...

from what i have read the pitster pro's are the top of the line, with ciniworx, motovert, FMR's all around that level 2-4 K....

I really dont want a bike that is fitted with crappy parts that will break.... will a DHZ be in this category ? Was looking at the new 160 DHZ.... the MSO's looked good but they are no longer ? Seems as though i might have to splurge into the Pitster Pro category to get a quality built bike or are they all relatively maintenance intensive ?

cheers for you help on this.....

They all use cheap chinese parts, some just better than the others, and usualy if they say they are using a quality jap brand part its just a chinese rip off. My opinion would be to just get the one you like most for the price you are happy with and just replace the parts that break as you go along.
Not just go for the one that is the most expensive so therefore it must be better. If you can have a look in person and sit on them and see which one is most comfortable that would be a real bonus.

The top end bikes that you posted don't have shit bits that'll brake but like every bike have parts that do brake.

DHZ are great bikes, they don't fall in the catagory of eBay bikes. They are great reliable bikes but parts will need to be brought/replaced after a certain while (like all bikes)..DHZ is better then them. MSO fell under becuase of the recesion:(

You could buy an eBay bike and keep it going if you know how to maintain your bike. Yes these bikes do need maintance, no matter what bike you get.

all bikes require maintenance you will never buy a motorbike not to spend money weather it be a $200 shitter or a 12k crf450

um the dhz is an ok bike good bang for buk i reckon if ya gunna be a bit more serious about ya riding it will be worth forking out the extra cash for the ciniworx or pitster pro
if your looking at going trail rideing alot look at a big wheel setup as well maybe.

welcome to the forums and hope to see ya around

DHZ is still an ebay bike, it's cheap and can't compare to quality like pitsterpro/ciniworks/motovert. but being an ebay bike it's better than any other bike in it's category.

©orza™ that's the biggest load of crap I've read on here for a while now. So you're saying a $2000 bike will be just as crap as a $500 bike? wtf are you smoking? just because it all comes out of china doesn't mean it's all cheap crap, chinamen are capable of making decent products when given the right budget.

Pitpro are an ebay bike as well!
No thats not what im saying at all. However i am telling him that he should buy the bike he likes most for looks, comfort and price! Any parts that are cheep can be replaced with better than chinese when they brake. For instance i would go for DHZ over Pitpro! Just because the difference in parts used are minimal and both have a strong frame, and if i went for DHZ with the savings i made i could buy better parts! and they would be better than the chinese parts, and i would probably still walk away with change.
Thats MY opinion, and i stated that in my last post!
If you buy a bike just cos its the most expencive then your an idiot, compare and research first. Expencive doesnt always mean the best!

Pitpro are an ebay bike as well!
No thats not what im saying at all. However i am telling him that he should buy the bike he likes most for looks, comfort and price! Any parts that are cheep can be replaced with better than chinese when they brake. For instance i would go for DHZ over Pitpro! Just because the difference in parts used are minimal and both have a strong frame, and if i went for DHZ with the savings i made i could buy better parts! and they would be better than the chinese parts, and i would probably still walk away with change.
Thats MY opinion, and i stated that in my last post!
If you buy a bike just cos its the most expencive then your an idiot, compare and research first. Expencive doesnt always mean the best!

Are you getting confused between Pitster pro , and Pit Pro...

Latest posts

Back