Noobie needs Advice

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agitated Hellerphant

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I haven't ridden a motorbike for at least five years lol. And I've been watching a lot of footage of people on Thumpstars and the such and decided that maybe this is what I'd like to get into

So right now I'm on a budget. Been looking around on Ebay at Atomix and other such brands and I need some advice

Will a 125 be enough for some decent jumps? I'm 19, 175cm tall and weigh 85kg. Am I going to get enough speed to get some decent air or do I have to go for a more powerful bike?

The deal is if I buy my own cheaper bike, get involved in a club and am still riding in 6 months my parents will by me a new Thumpstar.....

Thanks for you're help

Agitated Hellerphant :)

hahaha hay dude, i dont know if you will remember me man, we played dod:s together, im Dr. Tones Randall, haha small world indeed.

pending on what your budget is man will depict what bike i would suggest. if its like 1k or something close to that people seem to be pushing the agb 29, seems reliable but i havent had any experience with these. if its something closer to the 2k mark you will want to look at something like the pitster pro x, very reliable (even though the swingarm is goofy looking) there also known as GT here in Australia. or still an agb 29 with some mad mods will make the baby rip. if your range is close to 3k you can get some nice gear in the way of the current motovert, pitster pro x3 / x3r, and even to a lesser extent the klx110. all of these are really good bikes man, will all rip and from standard apart from the klx110 they are all capable of clearing 80 foot+ in 4th pinned. longest 125 i have seen is a bbr clearing 125 feet but this is nicely modded.

good to see you round again man, havent chatted in ages. if you need any other help bro just pm me or wtv.

Cheers, Tony.

Oh hey Tones, yeah long time no see buddy. Yeah I'm looking @ around the 1k coz I really don't want to spend HEAPS if my parents are just going to buy me a 3k+ bike in six months, doesn't really make sense. The agb29 is that an Atomik bike? We'll catch up on DOD soon, or maybe even go riding together lol!

Thanks, Heller

hey man im around the size as you and i got an agb 29, i havnt really done many mods to it, just pro taper bars, chain ect.. and it goes pretty good for a cheap bike, definetaly fast enough to do get some big air, the front shocks need to be a bit firmer though

mate i got my agb-29 for sale and i do some good jumps here are some of them BUT THIS AN'T MY BIKE ITS MY WIFES MINE HAD FLAT TYRE
Picture001.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture005.jpg

yeah I was lookin at those pics last nite, sweet riding dude! Well how much is yours going for and where abouce do you live? (I'm down in Gippsland, an hour from Melbourne). Agb29's are Atomik bikes yeah? Thanks for all the help guys, can't wait to go RIDING AGAIN .... been soo long

Steve

I agree the track looks sweet as!

I really like the look of the bike dude! I'm trying to get the money together now...trying to sell my Custom Xbox 360 lol...know anyone

Anyways add me to MSN and I'm sure we can work something out

Steve

It's in Brisbane I'm guessing, I was just talking to him about the bike....I really want it but I need to sell my Xbox 360 to get enough cash.... CHECK OUT THE SPECS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS....FIRMWARE UPDATE WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO PLAY BURNT GAMES ONLINE!

Heller

yeah its in brisbane mate but its a bmx track and i snuck in its at strathpine

hey man, just wondering you're 19 and you're parents will buy you a bike in 6 months if you keep riding??

It's in Brisbane I'm guessing, I was just talking to him about the bike....I really want it but I need to sell my Xbox 360 to get enough cash.... CHECK OUT THE SPECS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS....FIRMWARE UPDATE WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO PLAY BURNT GAMES ONLINE!

Heller

mate if you do get my bike i will throw in a helmet for 50 if you are a large ok if you want one that is just got my new race helmet so dont need my new/old one worn 3 time lol

Ok first to Mad Man-

My dad used to be really into motor-cross when he was younger, and since I bought my own house and moved out last year (half way through year 12) he not only see's this as an opportunity for us to hang out, but he knows I can't afford a REALLY good bike because I have to pay off my mortgage

Now to Seduce
Yes I'd love a helmet and I will be buying you bike. It is gonna take me about 3-4 weeks to get the money organised but yeah I've got my heart set on it, and I'd be willing to put a down deposit if you'd keep it for me and let me just get the rest of the money together over that period of time (5-6 weeks maximum)

I guess I'd be a large so it sounds good to me!

Later
Heller

Back