not starting 1st kick? new engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiddy_110

Reaction score
hi, recently installed a new 140cc lifan engine with irk and oil slinger, mikuni 30mm carb (fake i think?) and it is harder to warm up and once it is it will still die for no reason? it takes a few kicks so get it over with the choke also. Please suggest what could be rong. Thanks

Well, it's probably cold so do a few kicks start it up, warm it up then turn it off and kick it again... see if it starts first kick and also if its still dying when its warm have you checked your idle speed? Maybe it isn't revving high enough so its just dying.. also how long are you leaving it to idle/warm up ?

And also, you need to let everything wear in.. get going before its going to start perfectly.

Last edited:
It still dies while it is warm even after a 20 minuite ride, i have also checked the idle speed, i have just about run in the engine aswell. Thanks

..of course it will start harder ...you got that vIRK , you noob...there is nothing to keep the engine spinning!!...get the Idle at least on 1800rpm and check the carb!!:D

hey i had the same problem. i dunno if thats what wrong with yours but we re did my valve clearances. now my bike starts first kick cold and i can turn the choke off basically as soon as it starts and it will idle real low.

but i dunno. just my opinion. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back