not sure, any pointers?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuffy

Reaction score
this is a little off topic of pit bikes,but i have one of these with a 50cc four stroke and its to slow 45-50kmh max
gamaxSpillo1.jpg

so i was thinking of a 125 lifan. can any one tell me the pros/cons of these two motors and which is better
lifan125cc1.jpg

78ae_1.jpg

I would go the first one as i have the 140cc type and have had no dramers with it.

Oww why a 125cc when you can go 140cc think about it :)

space is minimal under there thats the main problem. is a 140 alot larger around barrel and crank case?

ok this is of topic but where did ya buy that ? it's cool would be trick with a 125

if your from sa your not going to like the answer to that one. but for $600 and adr plated its a bargin........ 3 amigos

thats a g max 50cc scooter.few small probs how are you going to change gears(gear lever location),weres your clutch leaver going to go(no room for it with rear brake lever)and the scooter drive(sprockets)are on the other side of the engine and you would need 1 big arsed clutch cable

simple rear end can flipped straight over with only a pin required to stop the drum brake from spining. as for the gears the scooter isn't very wide i was thinking maybe a longer shifter, but have it more vertical and fliped around so the peg is above the scooters deck. and the clutch/brake lever problem hook the clutch up to the left lever. with the right lever use a thing called the london mod (its a bmx thing for use with a gyro, insted of a cable that splits to two. it enables you to run two seprate cables from the one lever.) since they are drum brakes i can dial them in to get a nice balance like 30% to the front 70% to the rear.

its all thoughts tho at the moment

your probly better to put a second hand faster scooter motor in it,like a yamaha aerox or a tgb motor,they have a few restrictors in them oyu can take them out,i took mine out and it added 17 kms to the top end and alot better bottom end

Just buy a 125 pitbike, and dont go to 3 amigo's, you could have got one for $600 but 3 amigo's sell every thing for 3 times the normal price.

other scooter motors wouldnt work due to them all being belt driven and being some part of the frame ei; swing arm.

my frames rigid, and a engine swap would be good as it is a road legal scooter at the moment and unless i fly past a cop it wouldnt gain any unwanted attention.

maybe a water cooled pocket bike motor but i figure these would require alot of work to keep going over a long time, but it would save alot of weight and make the scooter only about 20kg

water cooled pocket bikes are noisy as,and most copas no what a 50cc motor looks like,how old r u?do you have a car license?as these are only legal with a 50cc motor nothing above

i am of the age were i shouldn't be doing things like this (but i love tinkering and speed. this is also alot cheaper than buying a big bike+$1000 license to ride it).
thanks i was unsure on the 50cc limit....lol....... the size of the motor has nothing to do with it. i have sized a 125 lifan up against my 50 and the only diff is mine has a larger crank case. yes i do have a license (HR) and this scooter is just to ride to work a 10min ride

i brought a 140cc lifan after my 125 scrwed up and the 140 is a bloody gun some much power lol.all my friends 125 lifans have screwed up also and ive had no dramas with the 140cc so far =]

Latest posts

Back