Oil change question and others

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizza1645

Reaction score
Hey again.

Just a few questions regarding this tdr bike ive got.

There is 2 oil drain bolts, one is spring loaded and one is not.
What are the both for?

Also on the dip stick, where should the oil actually level at? I put roughly 900ml's in.

How tight or loose should rear suspension be? as for front forks?

Do i need to touch to nitro and spring?

Thanks heaps.. heres some pics.....also a pic of my old atomik motox i was talking about

Looks alright for what it is. Nothing much broken yet.. (kick lever obviously and one bolt snapped) feels pretty sturdy overall though...paints chipping of course as well...hopefully its not just painted on "ALLOY"

Also seems to ride a lot higher than my old motox? could be the spring being really long..its almost as high as my moutain bike which is really big

Last edited:
the spring loaded oil drain bolt is for your cam chain tensioning, not for draining oil..

best leave that one alone.

the spring loaded oil drain bolt is for your cam chain tensioning, not for draining oil..

best leave that one alone.

yer i kinda let that one out, not to much oil came out though...more of a slight splash...
problem?

the bolt on an angle is the cam chain tensioner. the one pointing straight down and above the hole in the bash plate is the drain plug. fill the oil to the full level on the dip stick. if you have any more troubles ask mum or dad to give you a hand.

the bolt on an angle is the cam chain tensioner. the one pointing straight down and above the hole in the bash plate is the drain plug. fill the oil to the full level on the dip stick. if you have any more troubles ask mum or dad to give you a hand.

what is the implicated meaning of the last sentence of your post?

I dont think there was anything implied by Hman's post Kizza other than saying dont be scared to ask for help.

Im 29 and i still call my dad for stuff...lol

If you removed the cam tensioner rod, which i asume you did cause you know its spring loaded. It shouldnt have any affect as long as you put it back the same way it cam out. Might pay to take your cam cover off (big round one on the L/H side) and see if you can see that the chain has tension on it.

edit: What engine do you have again?

I dont think there was anything implied by Hman's post Kizza other than saying dont be scared to ask for help.

Im 29 and i still call my dad for stuff...lol

If you removed the cam tensioner rod, which i asume you did cause you know its spring loaded. It shouldnt have any affect as long as you put it back the same way it cam out. Might pay to take your cam cover off (big round one on the L/H side) and see if you can see that the chain has tension on it.

edit: What engine do you have again?

I believe its the newer gen ducar 125..

I took the bike for a run today, the first time i started it...

I had, how do i say, a very intereresting sucking noise. As if the engines compression was overly good. It may be the fact the new oil i put in wasnt circulated, or the fact its the first start.

Goes alright though, is it typical for gears to be sticky in the first few tanks? run in

Latest posts

Back