oil cooler lines melted and leaking

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DvDRip

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
the plastic has melted on the ends of both lines and now it's very slowly leaking. I thought at first the leakage was just some sort of insulation goo to go between the plastic tube and the braided line, anyone know if this is correct?
You'd think the plastic would be heatproof, apparently not.
has anyone else had this happen?
img0213s.jpg

img0214b.jpg

img0215v.jpg

img0216b.jpg

yea I'm gonna get new lines,
I'm just after some feedback on how common this is and wondering why they melted

oh ok i just thought i would ask in case this happened to me or a mate so yeah, BTW what bike do you have??

sweet, is this the only problem you've had with the bike??? are they any good for jumping and trail riding???

it's a good bike but you get what you pay for, I've been using it for trail riding and it's been great but only a few small jumps so far.
I've had to replace the stock bars because like all pit bikes they were soft as cheese and bent after a tiny stack.
I had to clean my fuel tank and install an in-line filter because there was small plastic filings in it
bolts are very weak
rims bent the first week I had it, I think that's because I went up a concrete gutter really fast
chain was crap KMC, and the airfilter was crap too, but I think all pitbikes have these
you need to install a rimlock unless you're ok with running really high tire pressure

so yea it's far from perfect but I'm happy with it and recommend it as long as you don't mind spending a bit more to make it a bit more reliable

Last edited:
dude any rim isnt gutterproof these days
and the lines arnt ment to touch or be really close to ya zaust

the lines have never touched or been anywhere near the exhaust, or any other part of the engine that they're not meant to be
img0218n.jpg

yeah rims arn't ament to go up concrete gutters. How much would you have spent on the bike so far?? is it about $300.

yeah rims arn't ament to go up concrete gutters. How much would you have spent on the bike so far?? is it about $300.

LMFAO
what oil u running or wernt u running?
that sez to me ya head was way to hot and that sez valves are shot or ill adjusted

yea my inlet valve had no clearance when I checked them for the first time and the bike was out of tune for a while so maybe that's what happened to make it so hot

bulldog I've spent quite a bit on the bike so far, some of it was needed but some just upgrades
HD Fuel Line & In-Line Filter $10
Magnetic Oil Plug $20
Pro Taper Bars n' Grips $100
Billet 1/4 Turn Joker Throttle and a cable to fit $90
16/37T #428 Sprockets with HD RK Chain $90
HD Kenda tube & Rim Lock $50 installed
hd rear brake $90
about $50 on other bits not worth mentioning

=500

hey mate, just wondering if you had any luck getting a replacement line, as mine has also started to leak. If you did where did you get it from?
cheers
Alex

hey mate, just wondering if you had any luck getting a replacement line, as mine has also started to leak. If you did where did you get it from?
cheers
Alex

yep I got the lines from motorbike city for $15 each, but then when I went to replace the lines the badger bolts had been rammed into the head so bloody hard that it was threaded to the shithouse, even the copper seals were crushed like a coin on a train track so I had to get a new oil cooler attachment thing for $30.
I think the china man who put my bike together needs to be fired, he did a shocking job of it, my little bro's 125rr was put together way better and he's had zero problems with it

lol, coins on the train track:p the joys of being a kid caatching a train....

um...ryco hydraulic or pirtek? can make em up if you got those banjo style fittings(like the brake line), with high temp hose... alloy pipe would look sick but the bending and length would be a bitch... there are kits available somewhere but you need a crimper to fit the hose...

if you got my style with hose clamps...automatic tranny hoses from a mechanic;)

and yeah, any hotter and your engine would be sexy...

like that mechanic has sexy fingers...f***s anything they touch:p

Latest posts

Back