oil cooler positions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikaz

Reaction score
hi guys just wondering if when mounting an oil cooler, is there a specific way to mount it or can you mount it anyway, reason for the questions is im concerned about gravity with the oil being pumped through the cooler efficiently?? here are a few pics , i wan to mount my cooler the same way as the green bike displayed??
kitaco-klx110-oilcooler-2-large.jpg

100_0685.jpg

You can mount it that way, no problems. You want the oil inlet to be at the top of the cooler and the retun to be from the bottom outlet. The hot oil tends to rise to the top so in theory the oil at the bottom of the cooler will be "cooler" than the oil at the top (it probably dosent make much difference but that is how it should be done).

wich is wich

where is the intake line and out take line located?? like wich nut the inner or outter nut on bottom of my lifan 140cc?? thanks

I am not positive (mack would be your best bet) but I am positive about the hot to the top and cooler out the bottom (this is how it is on cars with transmission and power steering coolers, as well as radatiors). If you really need to find out for your self disconnect your spark plug (or kill swich in the off position) and kick it over without the oil cooler on and see which line the oil comes out of.
Sorry I couldnt be much more help.

kool

thats ok cassa, thanks your info has helped, but MACK WHERE ARE YYYOOOUUU??? HELP ME BUDDY cassa says your the man in the know :D

I think you will find that the top bolt on your motor (the outer bolt), is where the oil is pumped from and if possible should be attached to the feed line that goes to the top of cooler. The bottom nut (the inner bolt) is the where the oil returns to from the cooler and then gets pumped through the barrel and head

Hope this helps

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back