Oil Filter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbows

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know if these little engines like Ducar and Lifan have oil filters or are they just an oil change and that's it?

umm i think... i THINK that the oil sling kinda cleans the oil or something... thats wat ive been told.. please say if you think different tho

but yes id say the best thing to do is just change your oil every so often =)

Yes they have a mesh filter for the big stuff (you should also run a magnetic drain plug) and the oil slinger picks up the rest. They are a very effective filter and have been used by hondas for years.

Oh ok well in knowing that, what does a lightened oil slinger do because i have herd a few people mention it on this forum.

Thanks.

umm i dunno i think the same job but just lighter.. but if your lightin the slinger then you need to get a new inner rota kit to even out the weight differnce

these engines do not run an oil filter, the oil slinger takes in the oil, spins it, and pushes the junk to the sides of the oil slinger (needs to be cleaned out every few months or so), this is the "oil filter" setup on these engines.

Oh ok well i see how it works but that still doesn't really help me to understand how lightened one would increase performance.

because it is on the crank, a lighter one would mean less mass, and therefore will spin up faster, and rev faster...in the same way a lightened flywheel or inner rotor works

Oh ok thanks for that.

So well now i have another question if it required to put a new IRK in for a new lightened oil slinger then does it mean that if you were to a new IRK regardless would you still have to replace the oil slinger

Latest posts

Back