Oil for Daytona Anima 2.0 190

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Over-x

Reaction score
Good morning,

I'm looking for oil to run my Anima 2.0 190cc, fitted in a YCF SP3 pitbike.

I'll buy the Motorex Crosspower 4T, which is 100% synthetic in a 25 liter container, so I'm asking for opinions on what would be the best grade.

I'm at Portugal, where the wheather is mild.

10w40 is not available, 5w40 or 10w50? Which one would you pick?

The engine is 6hours old.

Regards

If your engine requires 10w-40 the 5w-40 would be the better option as the 40 is the grade at which the oil operates when hot. In the climate you live in the 5W won't matter so much.

The other option is to buy a brand of oil that offers 10w-40. Cheers, Dave.

Sent from my LG-D855

Based on what?

I ended up with the Motorex 5W40 :)
Yeah I wondered why as well. I have always run fully synthetic and still running strong.

I do know however that fully synthetic is more prone to causing oil leaks on engine running old style gaskets etc. I saw this happen on a lot of earlier performed engines requiring the use of fully synthetic. Head gaskets and rocker cover gaskets mainly.

Sent from my LG-D855

Fully synthetic oil not good for wet clutch's, plenty of threads here explaining why!

Its not so much the fact its fully synthetic or not, its more to do with what additives are in it. If it has any friction modifiers in it then its guarenteed to kill the clutch.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back