oil for running in new bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riderz

Reaction score
hey all i just brought a new bike and was wondering what oil i need to put in it to run it in and how many tanks of fual do i have to run it in for

catch all

hey mate put some motul 20w50 oil in it for the first 20 mins or riding then drop this oil then put more motul oil init and ride it for 2 hours then drop the oil again and put new oil in and you should be sweet

run in normaly takes about 2 hours just ride as normal but dont rev out the gears and use gear braking as much as possible

i usually drop the transport oil straight away, although some people say thats a thinner oil that comes with the bike so u can run it in, which is bull.

drop that oil and watch the metal shavings come out along with it.

then put some 5-10w oil in for 10mins run it through get everything lubricated straight away. get a good oil flow going through the new components. then drop it and put your recomended oil in, what ever brand is your preferance. and change after every big ride

Just some 10W40 mineral oil from the auto store will do. Dont get too fussed about brands just ensure it dosent have friction modifiers in it (usually these advertise fuel savings on the bottle) and despite what the "experts" tell you car oil is perfect for these engins and saves big $$$$ over time.

I have a pit pro 140xr and ran it in with the shipping oil and now runs much smoother than my mates pit pro 125 which he ran in with motul when i did an oil change not one metal shaving came out.

Cheers Aaron

Is magnatec ok to run after running in bike???? Say run in bike for 2 hours on transport oil(after i dump it and check for metal shavings) drop that and fil with magnatec???

Not at all^^^^^

Its full of modifiers thats just asking for clutch issues!!

Just use normal plain oils, people go so over the top on this subject!!!

so just the base line synthetic is the better option...?

also how much on average do they take? im guessing under 1lt...??

correct me if im wrong

IT AMAZES ME HOW MANY PEOPLE THINK IT IS OK TO RUN CAR OIL IN YOUR MOTORBIKE :eek: :eek: THEY CALL IT CAR AND MOTOR BIKE OIL FOR A REASON

Last bike i used magnatec and had no issues for the 8m months of solid riding everyday..... But if you say no deal with it then i'll try something else

use a 4 stroke mineral oil for tun in then after run in use semi synthetic 10W/40 simple as that:D

semi synthetic is no deal so local bike shop here who deal with these bikes, says mineral all the time.......

Latest posts

Back