Oil Leak and Compression

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave.B

Reaction score
Lately my engine has been leaking oil from around the left side (birds eye view) of the peg mount, till now ive been just topping it up and keep cruising seein its just a slow leak but its getting worse and very difficult to start, feels tho the compression isnt consistant at all and pretty damn weak. Ive tightend the bolts holding the side case tighter and it did start after abit of kicking but who knows if that even helped, once the bike is going its actually goes great still, before i go ripping it apart do any of you's have an idea what the problem could be there? from what i remember of ripping the last engine apart was there isnt even a gasket for the casing or am i wrong?

chek ur crank case brether hose incase it is pinched i had this same problem and it was pinched and blew a head gasket and same side ur talking about gasket
luckily i just cut the hose so it could breath agan
back out the bolts a bit ran some gasket sealer around it and tightened them and it was sweet as apples

Its most likely got to much oil and its dumping it out the case breather hose when it gets too hot.... the breather is on the left side of the bike and dumps right next to the peg mount.

Its most likely got to much oil and its dumping it out the case breather hose when it gets too hot.... the breather is on the left side of the bike and dumps right next to the peg mount.

that too but it wouldnt dump so much as to the point where it runs dry though

its leaking just sitting in the shed, puddles at a time now, saying that it could be a gasket would that be a reason its losing compression and being harder to start?

shes goooooonnee. case is badly cracked near the bottom mount

my z50 engine is doing this but it has not got a crack in the case anyone know why?

Latest posts

Back