Oil pipe split

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbocool

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the world of biking. I've got a brand new pitpro 140cc bigfoot, and it was going very well until I let my brother ride it. He was going slow and then I dont know what he did but he crashed and revved the bike up extremely high. The bike fell on its side and the clutch lever broke. it also was leaking oil from a pipe that is pictured below. The pipe wasnt connected to anything and now has a split from the unconnected end at the bottom to about halfway up. I'm just wondering why it's split.. is it just an overflow pipe or what?

I pulled the pipe around and then took the photo so you can see it.
IMG_0164864658.jpg

that just your breather pipe it lets out any built up pressure from your crankcase. Just make sure it is never blocked or kinked as pressure may build up and damage your motor. If its split I imagine it wont hurt too much as long as its not blocked.

Thats your Oil overflow / Crankcase breather pipe, Same as on my PP 150XR. Some overflow is normal.

Strangly mine was split half way up (from new), so your Bro probably didnt do it.

Just replace it with new hose and tuck it back inside your frame (There is a little clip to hold it in place). You can leave as is but u will get oil all over the uderside of ur engine

Thanks, I wonder why it comes split like that. Maybe its so that anything that might block it such as wasp nest or just dirt will come out easily

most breather pipes and over flow pipes on full size bikes are split on the ends to stop it from being blocked i would probly check the oil level its probly a bit low now depending on how much oil came out theres probly other hoses on the bike split aswell only ones that hang below the frame tho

Latest posts

Back