oil problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deucekoop

Reaction score
I have the 110 cc pit bike. It seems to have good compression but when i start it up it blows a lot of smoke and starts to drip oil out the exhaust manifold. I was told that the engine has an oil pump that can be adjusted. Is this true and if so how do you fix it and where is the pump:grinning-smiley-003

Oil pump that can be adjusted ?? thats a new one not sure about that mate .... id say your valve stem seals and guides are flogged out and/or oil rings are fudged big time ... cant think of any other way oil will get into your exhaust ..

On your piston you have oil and compression rings, if you still have good compression, the oil wiper(so to speak) rings have failed and oil is getting past them and now past your compression rings also being forced into the combustion chamber, its defianatly time for a top end rebuild which may include a new barrel, oil does not combust like fuel and air does so you may bend a valve if you keep
riding it.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

Usually if you overfill it it will blow out the crankcase breather at temperature, but extreme overfilling could cause it to push past the rings with pressure in the crankcase rising, also check,k your crank breather hose is not blocked, a blocked hose can be bad news, it will blow whitish smoke more so.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

Latest posts

Back