Oil Slinger Bolts Stripping !!!!help!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irvo125

Reaction score
Live in the NE suburbs of adelaide. love my pitty,
Hi people,

Just a quick one. I have installed he IRK and wiring etc. have taken the casing off the other side to access the Oil slinger to find What i take to be the clutch. i gather from watching snitchys tutorial the slinger is under that but the 4 bolts with phillips heads on them wont undo even with a impact driver. I have almost stripped the head on 1 and not game to continue on the others. can anybody offer some help on this matter. Appreciate it. cheers

is your engine a start in any gear? is the little silver cluch arm on the top or the front of the engine?

yes as above

even drop a pic up to let us see how bad the screw head is

pics are worth a 1,000 words,,dun worrie we have a few smart cookis here so im sure you can get it sorted

Hey fellas,

Snitchy Nice vids your creating mate. Simple but all the info is there. except when this happens lol.

The motor is brand new Lifan 54 x 54 square head monster valve motor with race cam. start in neutral all gears up N-1-2-3-4.

I think the motor is the 1P54MI twin valve motor

I can send a pic but not sure how it is to be done on the forums. do I place it on putfile site or something. never used it before. The Head is not rediculously stripped beyond any repair I guess but I though I better stop before it gets to that point.

oh yeh and make sure ur impact driver is going Left, Anti clockwise... They do go both ways..

couple of the ones i have done have been really tough, the chinese put way too much loctite on them, i have always been able to get them off with a good screwdriver and a pair of vice-grips, you clamp the vice grips onto the screwdriver, hard, then put all your weight down onto the screwdriver and turn using the vice-grips.
a solid tap is always good to get the loctite to start loosening.

i have also found in the past that impact drivers strip the chinese bolts as the cant take the big force put onto them quickly, thats why i use the screwdriver trick, as it is a more even force not a sharp quick one.

thanks for the comment on the vid

as for you slinger it may not work as ,(im unshure of this ) your motor isnt a start in any gear?

im sorry im a lil out on this as i sort of forgot some stuff hehehe (beers kill brain cells)

but im shure some1 will confirm this for me

to help you on posting a pic on the forums ,use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

you upload your pics to there then use the [ IMG] tag to post here

just copy and past easy peasy

BTW Welcome i hope we can be of help

[I]EDIT:[/I] opps i almost forgot ,i used a impacdriver to get mine undone but there are many methods (are you positive you had it on the correct turn when you hit it ) to check this i just place on a timber block and belt it whit the hammer softly and u can see wich way the bit will turn .

Last edited:
Whats wrong with your clutch???
BTW...not a good Idea to put the IRK on that engine ...you WILL bust your crank!! Get a lightened flywheel for the normal ignition!

Cheers for all the info so far. I am sure the driver is running anti-clockwise. Have tried a few ways already but the bugger wont undo. thinking about just leaving it if your saying the start in any gear is the only one you can put a lightened slinger on. but wouldnt every motor have one regardless of how the gears run.

Also in response to THEMOUNTAIN, what makes this motor any different to all the other motors that people put IRK onto. Just curious as I can't see how the gear box/ crank is any different to the older motor I had that came standard with the pitpro 125rr

yes snitch yur right i bought a irk for the 125 ducar non start in any gear and there is no slinger, Here ya go here what in a ducar looks like:
BensPik015.jpg
the Clutch is on the main shaft where, in lifan 140 ect the sling should be..

Hope this helps

cheeres for the pic ASR rider. That pic is almost exact to the motor i have. So they don't have an oil slinger in them hey. Than what exactly throws the oil through the crank etc. I just assumed the slinger was underneath the clutch. so that was the screw i was mukkin up. This brings me back to my point on another thread about the whole pit bike market. You really need to have some idea or trust a person well when dealing with these bikes becuase the industry has that real backyard bandit approach. Dont get me wrong there are plenty of good reps out there jsut a matter of sorting through the crap.

This is my opinion from SA shops only.IE 3 amigos ( WANKERS) and East 50's (Champion)

copythat^^^^
If you read some post here for a while and don't know whats the difference about the engines is ,than you read in a wrong way my friend ....the big difference is that ,if you got a IRK flywheel on yours with 80gr. on the left side and a clutchbasket with 1000 gr on the other you WILL strip your crank sooner or later ....as same as you run it with an original Oilslinger on the other engines!!

With regards to undoing tight phillips head bolts on oil slinger caps or anything else, my solution was/is:
a) Use a high torque variable speed cordless drill. eg. my 14.4V Bosch.
b) Use a perfect fit phillips head bit. It must fit perfectly and be of good quality.
c) Apply considerable push force, then gently apply some torque to prepare your grip, then pull the trigger harder to kind of snap it undone.
It's a feel thing, but I find I can undo just about any such bolts with this method. If you push firmly it feel like the drill will rip out of you hands before the head will strip. When it's absolutely zero chance with a proper fit screw driver, it's a piece of cake with this method.
If the head is already butchered by a screw driver, then just get the proper fit bit, and hammer tap it into the mangled head to reform it.
If the head is completely stripped then I'd just drill the head off, remove the slinger cap, then take the remaining stud(s) out via some vice grips or whatever.

i would just leave it irvo, as i sed there is no slinger there for your engine won't be running exact with the irk on it. If u do a search for snapped crank shaft one of the boys put an irk on his without a lightened slinger and it snapped the crank.. so be careful

Cheers for your infor fellas. ASR Appreciate it. I will probably take the IRK of as I would prefer not to snap the crank. Just wanting to race down at the SAMBRA track this year and wanted my motor to be up to it. the new monster valve i have without the IRK should be suffiecient still i hope.
Maybe suspension is the next thing i should look at as the front fork the bike came with is not really good at all. thinking fast ace

Latest posts

Back