oil slinger nut

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitproxr

Reaction score
hey, first time ever spliting a mini bike case and it is totaly differant to every other motor iv ever rebuild (2 strokes)
bought a lightend oil slinger for my pitpro140xr and have takin my clutch cover of and the 4 screws that hold the oil slinger plate on, behind there is the nut with 4 groves on it to hit of and undo.
i cant seem to get it to loosen, is it a reverse thread or nething? any special way top get it of, im just hiting it with a mallet and flathead in the groves but it wont budge

any tips? cheers

its a regular thread. Theres a speial clutch nut tool to get it off but you can use a flat head and a hammer

yeh bro =) i got it off with a screwdriver and hammer.. as its my good engine i went eays on it to start off with and sweet poo all happend so i ended up belting the crap out of it and she loosend up nicely XD

lol u guys are bloody bruts!!! get a tool, they fit on to a air gun and save your motor

clutchpullers.jpg

If using a driver and hammer, you MUST tap the nut from all 4 sides. Otherwise (if tapping on one side only) you are binding the threads. Think about it, you are trying the get the metal threads apart, not hammer/wedge one side closer together.

It sometimes helps to put the engine in gear (4th is best) and put a piece of timber thru the rear wheel.

how much????

they would be free to you cos your a legand Syd lol

And guys, there's nothing as good for your crank as hitting the end of it with a hammer. We do that to all our race motors just to make sure they grenade after a few hours of hard riding....................Oh and by the way if your running the standard flywheel you would have been better off to machine down the original steel slinger rather than fit an alloy one, there will be lot of weight difference. But if you get stuck ask Sydney for some advice as he's the legand here on miniriders.

Latest posts

Back