Oil to use

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antdog07

Reaction score
What would be the best oil to use i have a 125 lifan engine alot of ppl say they have used 15 w 40 castrol but dunno if that would be to fik and therse blow a lil smoke so yeah want something that wont make it blow much smoke...

the 125 lifan are notorious for burning oil, as long as its a quality oil you use, it wont make much difference, i wouldnt use a synthetic in a engine thats known ti blow smoke,

id use a 10/40 quality mineral, brand doesnt really have alot of effect.

If its blowing smoke (more than just a tiny tiny bit) then its burning the oil and it wont make any difference what oil you use.

Hey mate,
Im currently using Motul 10w40 Mineral/Non-Synthetic oil. For one litre it cost me about 16 bux at the motorbike shop. Good luck mate!

OUCH! 16 bucks for 1 litre! I pay about 12bucks for 5!

The Mojo Motovert race teams run home brand Safeway oil, 20w50.

I know for a fact it is actually Shell 20w50 (you know the yellow one that's twice the price?). Good oil. I use it in everything.

The Lifan does seem to use a bit of oil. Mine is using a bit, but at 3 bucks a litre, it's not an issue.

some road race team though seem to think something like Castrol helps with engine wear, but this is different to dirt/ motoX where you're on and off the throttle a lot. In Motard/road racing we're doing upto 13,000rpm and 100kph full throttle for up to 10-12seconds.

Good to hear the mojo team uses the same oil as me. :)

My engine on my pitpro 140 seems to spit a fair bit of oil out the overflow and I don't overfill it, especially when Im reving it really hard and when the bike falls over, is this normal?

And 20W 50 is ok isnt it? Not too thick?

I've not been able to find ANY 10-40W Fully Mineral oil here in Perth.

my bike needs 1.1 litres because of the oil cooler, so 1 litre bottles are no good. (not that I can find that even)

I've ended up using Belray Thumper oil, which is 20-50W semi Syn, and it works perfectly fine, excellent clutch control over 3 oil changes so far.

However I would like to find some 10-40 mineral to try.

if someone could list, the Brand names, and models of the 10-40W Mineral oils available. then it might make it easier for people to find.

it's piece of cake to find 10-40W synthetic.. but mineral.. difficult.
I can't even find 10-40W Semi Synth :(

Juls

Juls you will find that 1.1L it to much oil for the Lifan 140. I put 850ml in mine and it reads half way on the dipstick checkered thing.

Whats wrong with people???? Just use the dipstick, don't pour a set amount in.

moto shops have 10/40 mineral, yamalube etc

i was in Repco other day, and even they had Valvoline 10/40 mineral 4T Bike oil for wetclutch.

perth must really suck lol

What type of engine only uses 350ml, this may be the cause of your engine wear.

I got 10w40 semi synthetic from supa cheap (sikoline).

engine

it is a 125 lifan engine same as any normal one what do u mean by engine wear...
it is new by the way

my lifan 125 takes about 900-1000 ml and its new and not run in.

y

why would mine only take that much then??

it is a 125 lifan engine same as any normal one what do u mean by engine wear...
it is new by the way

Blowing smoke is what I was referring to, a new engine should not blow any smoke. Blowing blue smoke is a sign of a tired worn engine. If you have been running your engine without enough oil it will wear out quickly.

i have goes around my backyard but im waiting for my mate to fix his bike so we can go riding lol i dint like riding by myself.

Why exactly is it better to use Mineral oil???
Synthetic oil is actually mineral oil that has been more refined than standard mineral oil.
Hence why you can mix the 2 with out detriment.

Pure synthetic is the man made stuff.

My Ducar 125 with my specific oil cooler needs 1.1-1.2 litres of oil to fill it halfway up the dipstick.

havn't got my lifan yet, so no idea how much oil it needs!

Juls

Latest posts

Back