Oil ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottlah

Reaction score
I have a 125cc atomik motox with the ducar engine.

What oil is everyone running in these? Its finished its wear in period and im currently running 15-50 full mineral.

Thanks

Its only a ducar so just use any branded 15/40w - 20/50w oil, and change it every 3 or 4 rides and flog it till it dies!!!:D

these chinga engines are not the most sophisticated engines so aslong as they have some kinda oil in them theyll be fine:D

People get so anal about brands of oil etc etc and its just going overboard IMO,

Ive got engines that are 3yrs old and get flogged like crazy most weekends, all my engines run on "Valvoline XLD" car oil all there life and never have i had any failures whatsoever, and never had to put new rings in any of them yet!

Thats my2c anyways

pitmaster gave good advice. Don't get too hi tech about the oil choice. Simple rules:
1) Change it often. The clutch particle and metal contaminants cause more problems with oil flow than the oil getting old. I replace mine after about every 2 or 3 hrs.
2) Use 15w40 in the winter and most of the time in Aus. But consider 20w50 in really hot temps.
3) Get a magnetic oil drain plug. You'll be amazed!
4) Don't bother with expensive oil. These china engines lose so much metal (off gears etc) that you have to dump the oil often (see point 1). Why throw away expensive oil so often.
5) Be green: Your local servo should take you used oil for free (they sell it).

My oil: I use Shell Rimula-X 15w40 diesel oil in my mini. 100%. Great for wet clutches. Great oil. $60 for 10L of it. I use it in my 450F too, and I get near zero engine wear in that engine.

Back